cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JennySmith
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

unblock an accidently blocked number on BT4000 phone

My elderly Mum accidently blocked my phone number on her phone and we can't see how she can unblock it. She is currently in lock down during the pandemic, so its vital I can keep in touch with her on the phone. Can anyone help with how to unblock a blocked number. She has a BT4000 big button phone. Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: unblock an accidently blocked number on BT4000 phone

Hi @JennySmith, welcome to the community, she'll need to go to the blocked calls list on her handset and delete your number by pressing options then the up down arrows until she sees delete number then press ok.  Page 27 on the userguide explains how to do that. 

0 Ratings
JennySmith
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thank you. I will talk her through that. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 6

@JennySmith, no problem at all, I hope she can manage do that without to much hassle. 

0 Ratings
Phil0712
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Very similar issue with my Mum using the BT 4500 big button phone. She appears to have accidentally blocked me (her son) and there is very little in the manual about UNBLOCKING, plenty on blocking.

I found the bit (also on p27) about removing number from blocked list, but talking her through it, it does not appear to work. Is there a little trick to it that is not written down or an alternative way around the problem? Also not sure how she has blocked me in the first place!

Now in 2nd lockdown and she relies a lot on her phone, so keen to solve and hopefully prevent happening again

THANKS ALL

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Phil0712, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, oh that I'm sure it's all the more difficult trying to explain this over the phone, there are no tricks it's a matter of getting into the blocked calls list choosing options on your number then using the up and down arrows so it shows delete then choose ok. If you scroll to the next page in the user guide the instructions are in the blue text on the left side of the page. 

If your number is not in the blocked list are you calling from a withheld or international number as she may have chosen to block these types of calls. 

0 Ratings