v1.02.12 build02 displaying wrong IP's

Go to solution

Bt modem on FTTC VDSL2 80/20 line 

Asus Merlin Rt-ac86U Router - 192.168.49.0/24

4 x BT White Whole Home Discs running v1.02.12 build02 firmware

Raspberry Pi-Hole running DHCP & DNS with sink-hole

VPN server and client running on router with PBR

Using my firestick as an example for my problem, 

i have set static IP of 192.168.49.88 using PBR to route through VPN, all working as it should except my BT whole home disc sees the ip as 192.168.49.242, i know its the Firestick because the MAC address is the same. The firestick shows the correct static ip in network settings (88), and the correct gateway ip (254) and correct DNS (.1), the Pi see's the correct IP (88 and mac), the firestick is using the correct gateway etc  but the problem is just the BT disc's sees a different IP? This happens on my phone and other devices, i originally assumed the IP displayed in BT whole home connected devices were cached but even after a reboot they still showing the incorrect IP? what is the reason for this? This is the same for every device i set up with a static ip the BT sees the wrong IP?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
JohnC2
Message 2 of 3

Re: v1.02.12 build02 displaying wrong IP's

Go to solution

Hi @foz,  sorry the incorrect IP's are showing. It would be best to get in touch with the WHW team.

You can contact them on the phone: 08081006116 Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9am to 2pm.
Or by email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

cheers

John

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: v1.02.12 build02 displaying wrong IP's

Go to solution

Hi John 

Thanks for your reply, seems i have just figured this out, if i set the static address on the device it displays the wrong IP within the BT WH GUI , but if i set the static lease in the router it is now displaying correct IP in BT WH GUI.

To make 100% sure this info is correct i have tried this 3 times and it works every time, so answered my own question but hope this may help other users. 

0 Ratings