Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beardymac
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

whole home disks & wired devices problem

hi there,

i have a virginmedia superhub connected to my bt whole home discs, all good so far nice and stable wifi across the house.

recently I wanted to plug a desktop PC into my network, this only has a wired connection and, for various reasons all my 3 discs have something in their ethernet ports.

problem comes when I connect the desktop to the virgin router in that this makes the internet drop out of the whole home mesh - the wifi network is still there but it has no web access - if I unplug the desktop from the router the internet magically returns.

desktop is running Win10 Pro but otherwise pretty standard

any ideas on what may be happening?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: whole home disks & wired devices problem

@beardymac 

This is a BT Retail customer forum. There are posts about this BT Badged product on the Virgin Media user forum.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=...

There is no extra support on this BT customer forum, you would have to ring or email the product helpdesk.

Read this first https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Problem-with-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi-Read-this-first/m-p/1908749#M72...

0 Ratings
beardymac
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

thanks kieth, just though i'd check here as the home of the product to see if anyone else had a similar issue.

hazards of using two firms is you end up bouncing between forums and support desks!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@beardymac wrote:

thanks kieth, just though i'd check here as the home of the product to see if anyone else had a similar issue.

hazards of using two firms is you end up bouncing between forums and support desks!

Most people on this forum are using a BT Home hub, so the conditions are totally different.

0 Ratings