cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

wifi landline phone

Go to solution

I have just bought a new build with superfast broadband. On connecting my 8500 landline from my last home it comes up with Line cord error. I thought to try another phone but a neighbour says all the houses have been built to use WiFi only phones which is a bit daft for power outages.  I'm confused looking at phones as none seem to mention WiFi apart from synching mobiles.  Are these the phones I should be looking at to buy?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: wifi landline phone

Go to solution

do you have BT FTTP?  if so do you have digital voice?  if you have the SH2 your phone will connect to phone socket on back of hub.  The connection is not wifi but the SH2 acts as a dect base station

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
It sounds as though your property is FTTP , fibre to the premises, if you have bought your broadband from BT , then the phone service is from the phone port on the router, when the order is taken , if you want to take advantage of BT Digital Voice they will supply a suitable landline phone.
AFAIK, a regular phone will work, but the router is DECT base station, so plugging in another DECT base station probably won’t work.
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@iniltous 

there are a few post where customers have connected their existing dect cordless phones to the phone socket on back SH2 and they work ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks. Yes I have FTTP but had never heard of digital voice. I just looked at the back of the router and it had a digital voice sticker covering the access for the telephone. I now have a dial tone.  You have saved me buying new phones so thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you. All working now I've plugged it into the router.
0 Ratings