cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

wireless bridge

Hello , I have a bt smart hub2 as my main router , an old bt hub 6 linked with cat6 as a wireless extender . Can I connect a bt Business hub 5 to the wireless extender in bridge mode ? . If so, how ?.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: wireless bridge

How do you mean as bridge mode, to what purpose? You can just add it as another extender in the same way you added the Hub6 to the SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

If you mean can you connect it to the Hub6 via wifi rather than Ethernet, the answer is no.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I would like to get wifi across to my work shop  > I have intermittent wifi signal there at the moment . Every time a Tractor & Trailer goes past I loose the signal . I was think of putting the old 5 business router in the loft to get over the top of traffic . Wont be a problem next year , the concrete is coming up and I'll run a cat 6 cable in a conduit before the drive is re done . 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

If the workshop and location of either of the 2 existing hubs are on the same mains consumer unit, you could use powerline adapters to connect another hub in the workshop.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

It is , but the wires go through lots of farm buildings in a big loop . the wire is also getting on a bit . I'll wait until the farm yard is re - laid and run some fresh wiring . Thought it might have been a quick fix . Thanks for your help .

0 Ratings