cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

100Mbs Halo FTTP package slow.

Upgraded to the 100Mbs Halo package. It should have come into effect at 00:00 28/10/2020. Upload speed has increased to the advertised, but download speed is exactly the same as it was before the upgrade, variable between 60 & 75. My laptop is hard wired to the router, so it's not a Wi-Fi problem, and tested with no other devices connected.

Any suggestions as to what could be the problem?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: 100Mbs Halo FTTP package slow.

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not using the BT router due to its setup limitations due to being locked down. My router is a Zyxel  VMG8924-B10A

So it looks like I will have to temporarily switch back to the BT router to get the info.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

You should be able to get the connection stats from the Zyxel.

As you have FTTP you cannot get the connection stats.

Set up a direct PPPoE session from PC/laptop to ONT to rule out a router problem.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Thanks for the reply and info'

Not done that before. What are the PPPoE settings for such a connection?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Just out of interest I switched back to the BT HH2 and set it back to factory, and the speed went down to 45Mbs :^)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

OK, managed to figure out the settings. PPoE to the ONT gives me a speed of 95Mbs. So both the Zyxel and HH2 would appear to be having problems working with the connection.
Any clues as to why this should be? I have tried resetting both routers to factory default and starting again, with no change in speed. The Zyxel gives the best results at 60 to 75 compared to the HH2 at 45Mbs.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

@Iron_Dutchesswrote:

Thanks for the reply and info'

Not done that before. What are the PPPoE settings for such a connection?

Exactly the same as the Zyxel.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

We this is strange. On my old package I was getting 60 to 75 which was above the advertised. Now I have switched to Full Fibre 100 with BT Halo 1, I only get 45. The strange thing is, if I connect my laptop directly on a PPoE cutting out the modem I get 95. So if my Xyxel and HH2 were capable of 60 to 75 on the old connection, why can they only get 45 on the new connection when there is 95 available, As there is 95 available it's logical I should at least be able to get the 60 to 75 I had before, seing as it's the same routers with the same settings.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Sorry I meant 'cutting out the router' not modem.
0 Ratings