cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

2 landline numbers at one address and fttp upgrade on one

At my address we have 2 phone lines line 1 that was at the house when we moved in 25 years ago and line 2 i got installed 20 years ago.

line 1 is fttc with sky and line 2 is fttc with zen internet

line 2 is the one i use, we recently got fttp activated in my area so i signed line 2 up to fttp with bt which is due to be installed on the 11th july however line 1 which is the fttc with sky got a letter saying they are sorry to see us go and that their service will be cancelled on the 11th July

has bt put the order through on the wrong line and phone number as line 1 was not meant to be touched just line 2 i use

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: 2 landline numbers at one address and fttp upgrade on one

you need to reply to sky telling them you are not leaving and then contact FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and get the new order corrected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

yeah gave them a call and cancelled the order on that line and hopefully getting the order swapped over to the other line in the next 24 hours

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I suspect that if moving a LLU/MPF line ( and probably both your Zen and Sky lines fall into this category ) the phone number allocated is a part of those companies number ranges and of no use to BT when trying to identify the line to be migrated, other providers cannot enter those LLU phone numbers to identify a line , BT don’t ‘see’ the number on the common ordering system, chances are whatever ‘line’  comes up first with the address provided is the one they will pick , and  it’s a 50/50 chance of getting the correct one if there are 2 lines to chose from.

There will be other identifying info but people assume the phone number , even if it’s not a ‘BT’ number will be useful in this regard , but it’s not ,and the other info is not likely to be known by the consumer wanting to switch , its only if it’s WLR type service and not LLU that the phone number is helpful.

0 Ratings