cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giggsy1977
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

2 missed appointments is now 3 missed appointments - bye bye BT?!

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-engineer-appointments-2-missed/td-p/1180...

Hello all - the above link details 2 missed appointments from BT.  My third appointment was supposed to be today between 1pm and 6pm and guess what......?!  Unbelievable - no show from the engineer.  A call to BT informed me there were not enough resources to be able to allocate an engineer to deal with my fault.  Now I'm not a stupid man but I do feel pretty dumb at the moment.   "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" springs to mind (I don't know if the saying extends to three times).  After a long call with BT (the staff were polite as always) I have agreed to wait for an email on Monday to see what resolution can be found to the issues I have (an appointment is booked for next Saturday should I wish to carry on with BT).  At the moment I don't see that happening.  I also forgot to add that late last year I paid my upfront line rental over the phone and that was never credited to my account so I am paying over £40.00 a month now with the new line rental charges.  I shall spend the evening looking for new providers and unless BT can do something amazing to retain my custom I shall be off.  To say I am mad is a gross understatment. Even if the engineer does appear on Saturday I cannot be sure the problems with my reduced speed can be fixed.  As pointed out during my telephone conversation with BT, moving to another ISP still means the same engineers working on the same equipment.  My faith in BT is broken now though especailly as the 2nd missed appointment was because an appointment was never logged on the system.  To add insult to injury the prospect of cancellation charges also looms but I shall fight that very hard as I don't see why I should have to pay to leave a service I have lost faith in over the past 6 months.  I would like to say thanks to the BT staff, especially Gary who is to deal with my issues personally over the coming week. I hope a resolution can be reached but I shall not get my hopes up.  Moan number 2 over.  Sorry for going on so long.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: 2 missed appointments is now 3 missed appointments - bye bye BT?!

Regardless of which ISP you move to unless you can get cable it will still be Openreach carrying out the work all you will be doing is paying a different name on the bill and you will just move to the bottom of the Openreach work stack
0 Ratings
Highlighted
giggsy1977
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: 2 missed appointments is now 3 missed appointments - bye bye BT?!

john46 - I hear you and did indeed mention that in my long winded and whinging post! :-)

The fact the line rental payment has been missed, the second appointment was never logged on the system and that BT have not pushed hard enough over a protracted period of time are certainly BT issues and not Openreach.  IF BT can assist me in giving Openreach a kick up the posterior and offer me a good deal going forward I may be tempted to give them a fourth and final chance.  My current state of mind is clouded by anger and frustration at the moment and I am sure I will be thinking more rationally tomorrow but at the moment I could not care less about BT which is a shame as my reduced speed is currently pretty stable.  Thanks for taking the time to read and respond though John.  Regards,  Giggsy.

0 Ratings