cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

2 weeks to fix Broadband dropouts!

Go to solution

Posting quickly before another dropout 😤

Since last Wednesday October 28th, I've been suffering with dropouts while keeping phone line working. I assumed it was to do with the vicious winds we'd suffered around that time but went online via mobile 4g to log an issue. It stated there was a known fault in the area and should be fixed by November 13th, so I didn’t bother to log it at that time.

After a few days, I was chatting to my next door neighbours and found out their internet was working fine while mine as is dropping out, maybe every 15mins! So last night I did log an issue and got this

BT mobile report.png

Also please see hub Tech-log

BT log.png

Is it right, that a known issue in the area could affect just me in a line of houses?

BT 3.png

Thanks for reading

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: 2 weeks to fix Broadband dropouts!

Go to solution

You’re on FTTC. It could potentially be an issue with the DSLAM Fibre Card you’re on and your immediate neighbours won’t necessarily be on the same Fibre Card as you.

In fact the may not even be on the same DSLAM. Some PCP’s have multiple DSLAMS connected to them.

Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks @Starwire 

I'm not really understanding your answer, but I can take from it that's it is a possibility.

Guess I'll just have to wait a fortnight for it  to get fixed.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @mikrt, it basically means you might be on different network equipment than your immediate neighbours so they're not affected by the fault whilst you are.

Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO 

I could see BT cables from 4 houses going to the same pole and it just didn't make sense to me that I could be the only one suffering.

I now get the idea, thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Good(ish) news.

Internet is now back full time, with a confirming message from BT this morning that fault is fixed.

Only problem is, before the issue, and in between dropouts over the last few weeks I have been getting speeds over 70 Mbps, but am now only getting 22 Mbps.

Am I correct in thinking that if I leave the router alone, the system will be sending faster speeds until it settles down? Or do I need to raise another fault issue?

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Seems a very big drop in speed. Can you post hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for your help, here it is

BT 091120.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

And a larger version.....

BT 091120.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

So the issue is still ongoing with no help from BT.

Raised another fault with BT who told me they had found a fault on their network via text, and it would be fixed the next day (Thursday) and they would not need access to the building.

07:00 Thursday (Exactly as I start work) I get text from Openreach engineer to say he's on his way and he would need access @ 08:00 !!

He did enter and said  he could see issue outside, would contact me again, went up the pole supplying our house and that's the last we heard. Issue not fixed!

Raised another fault, was told engineer would be here this morning (Saturday) No sign of him. Issue still not fixed!

It would be nice if a fault could ensure somebody owned it until it was resolved instead of just forgetting about it.

I've put hub stats below incase anyone can shed some light on it.

BT141120.png

0 Ratings