Re: 2 weeks to fix Broadband dropouts!

Go to solution

Just tried that, line is silent,

Thanks for your interest

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

the last engineer has certainly fixed something when up pole.  your attenuation was 40db and after engineer down to 26db and attainable previously was 44mb now up to 75mb.  unfortunately with all the work and drops in connection you are in banded profile at 27.4mb.  this should correct itself automatically provided you maintain a stable connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks @imjolly 

How long should it normally take for an improvement do you reckon?

I remember reading (on here probably) not to restart the hub as that will restart the stabilisation, is that right? As when I actually phoned BT last week (in between raising online faults) I was told to do a hard hub reset by turning hub off @ mains for 30 seconds, nothing changed and he told me things would improve on their own...... they didn't  🤣

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

for DLM to release banding line needs to remain stable but could take a few weeks maybe longer for DLM to start to release the banding 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Ok thanks, I'll try to chill for a few weeks before raising another fault.

I'm just weary nothing will change and we'll have to start all over again,

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

So I had to raise yet another fault.

From Saturday, Hub details below, when I thought it was on the way to getting sorted 

BT151120.png

Then that night it was back to ~ 30 Mbps again, and whenever the phone was picked up. it was very crackly and that seemed to stop the internet working, as we lost connection and hub lights went through their routine.

I tried to be optimistic, telling myself it was part of the procedure after a fault.

But next morning, and still today, We now have no dial tone on the phone! and these hub stats below

BT171120.png

BT tell me fault will be fixed by Friday......... we'll see 🙄

If not, I will probably raise a complaint, no idea what good that will do though.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

So within 15 minutes of me posting last message, 2 BT engineers were knocking on the door. One of them was here last week with a bit of attitude this time. Other one was great.

They said they'd checked the nearest cabinet, and reckoned all was good to the house and wanted to test the main socket in the loft. I knew this wasn't the problem as there were no problems until local network issues 3 - 4 weeks ago, but I showed them where it was. They didn't look at the pole (I assume as one of them was up it last week he was confident it was OK)

Anyway, his machine told him issue was 40 metres away (on the pole!)

Luckily there was a lift 1/2 a mile away on another job, what they found was, the connection made last week wasn't good.

After re-connecting, and testing everything is good again.

BT171120.2.png

😄

0 Ratings