cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: 33Mbps - Is YOUR Broadband only running at the Bare Minimum Speed of 33Mbps ?

It is you that came onto the forum complaining about your speed and stated that the engineer found no fault with the external line and that the speed increased when the internal wiring was disconnected and a new socket was fitted. If that was not the cause of the low speed perhaps you can explain what was!

As regards your question, you asked "Is anyone else finding they are stuck at 33mbps which is the bare minimum BT "have" to give you in their agreement ".  You did not ask "how many people are getting BT's MINIMUM SPEED instead of their advertised range"  There is a difference, the minimum speed is not necessarily 33Mbps for all customers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

Re: 33Mbps - Is YOUR Broadband only running at the Bare Minimum Speed of 33Mbps ?

@AR_Help wrote:

No

That's not true - I came the the forums AND I ASKED ONE QUESTION

How many people are getting the minimum speed of 33mbps instead of a speed within their advertised range.

Nobody has answered that yet. In fact you guys have just put your "I used to work for BT/Engineer/Telecoms Retiree" hats on and tried to tear apart my reason for asking the question. 

But none of you have actually ANSWERED IT. Which is not particularly helpful in fact its positively obstructive.

So if you cannot answer the question can I suggest you keep quiet and stop repeating each other in your rush to "flame" a new poster....

Nobody is flaming you. The reason you have had no replies is because nobody has an answer to your question, or if they have they have not seen fit to post. As with all forums, answering questions is not compulsory. Another reason could be that there are so few customers whose speed is at the minimum rather than within (or above) the quoted range nobody has felt the need to post. The title of your post is somewhat misleading also as it implies that you are only seeking input from customers that have a minimum speed of 33Mbps. As I said in my previous post, that figure is just for your line, not a generic minimum speed. 

If you post the line stats from your hub, we can see if there is room for further improvement.

AR_Help
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Honeslty mate. I just can't be bothered anymore. Go find someone else to abuse.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 14 of 20

I haven't seen any evidence of anyone abusing you in this thread. Just for the record I've never worked for BT or Openreach.

As explained to you your post title is misleading, not everyone has a minimum line speed of 33Mbps, that is your personal minimum line speed.

conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 20

I doubt that anyone who posts on this user forum would have any idea what the answer to the original question posed is as they won't have any access to the relevant data.

0 Ratings
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

You are probably right I dont think most people have a clue how badly they are being treated by BT or the poor speeds they are getting - one guy on our street gets 3.7mbps, my near neighbour gets 24mbps. The cabinet is 100 yards from him.

In response to those above who enthusiastically dispelled my skepticism over how "Wiring" was the problem (whereas I thought it was a fudge fix) - well three days after they redid the wiring my speed started dropping and within a fortnight it was back down at 32mbps and so as I said before the wiring was a fudge fix. Got the engineer out again, he reset the box - back up to 47mbps, two days later back down to 35mbps for no reason whatsoever, and despite already having two engineers tell me there is nothing wrong with the line BT are sending out an engineer to look at it again.

If you are reading this and you dont know what speed you are getting just go to 192.168.1.254 (the IP address of your BT Router) in any browser, click on broadband and it will tell you. Or use any online Webpage based broadband speed tester. Then look at your contract and see how close you are. The ring BT and have a quiet word....

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 17 of 20

@AR_Helpwrote:

Then look at your contract and see how close you are. The ring BT and have a quiet word....

I will quietly say thanks BT, very happy with the service and reliability.

Untitled.png

My order confirmation states :

How fast will it be? We estimate your download speed will be between 48Mbps and 65Mbps, and your upload speed will be between 13.6Mbps and 19.7Mbps.

Message 18 of 20

@AR_Help wrote:

You are probably right I dont think most people have a clue how badly they are being treated by BT or the poor speeds they are getting - one guy on our street gets 3.7mbps, my near neighbour gets 24mbps. The cabinet is 100 yards from him.

In response to those above who enthusiastically dispelled my skepticism over how "Wiring" was the problem (whereas I thought it was a fudge fix) - well three days after they redid the wiring my speed started dropping and within a fortnight it was back down at 32mbps and so as I said before the wiring was a fudge fix. Got the engineer out again, he reset the box - back up to 47mbps, two days later back down to 35mbps for no reason whatsoever, and despite already having two engineers tell me there is nothing wrong with the line BT are sending out an engineer to look at it again.

If you are reading this and you dont know what speed you are getting just go to 192.168.1.254 (the IP address of your BT Router) in any browser, click on broadband and it will tell you. Or use any online Webpage based broadband speed tester. Then look at your contract and see how close you are. The ring BT and have a quiet word....

Hi @AR_Help,

Thanks for posting and welcome back.

Sorry to see your speeds dropped off again.  Can you post your router stats so they guys can have a look to check if anything obvious stands out?

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Hi Matt happy to mate - not sure how I do that though can you be a bit more specific.

0 Ratings
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

speeds I can only dream of, not sure how rubbing salt in my wounds helps though lol 😉 but thanks for proving that BT CAN actually deliver speeds like that.
0 Ratings