cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

3rd Party Router Re-sync Question (VDSL2 FTTC)

Go to solution

Been looking everywhere for an answer to this but I cant find one, so hopefully someone here can help.

I've just replaced my Home Hub with an 8800NL R2 which is working perfectly, but I don't know how it handles re-syncing the line speed.  The BT routers automatically disconnect and change the line rate themselves according to DLM, but will this new router also do that?  Or will I have to manually re-connect the line every few weeks to see if the speed has changed?

I recently replaced the cable between my router and the master socket as well (the day before) getting the new router, so my speed's currently sitting at 25mb with a max rate of about 45-50mb on the line, so there's plenty of room for improvement, but I don't want to reset the connection too soon and risk making it worse.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: 3rd Party Router Re-sync Question (VDSL2 FTTC)

Go to solution

You need to leave the router connected 24/7 with no resets. You need a stable connection before the DLM will make any changes to connection speed automatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@kane982 wrote:

Been looking everywhere for an answer to this but I cant find one, so hopefully someone here can help.

I've just replaced my Home Hub with an 8800NL R2 which is working perfectly, but I don't know how it handles re-syncing the line speed.  The BT routers automatically disconnect and change the line rate themselves according to DLM, but will this new router also do that?  Or will I have to manually re-connect the line every few weeks to see if the speed has changed?

I recently replaced the cable between my router and the master socket as well (the day before) getting the new router, so my speed's currently sitting at 25mb with a max rate of about 45-50mb on the line, so there's plenty of room for improvement, but I don't want to reset the connection too soon and risk making it worse.

Thanks

Your router will automatically adjust to any change without intervention from you. Leave it alone to do its job.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Right, good to know.  Thanks everyone.  Line's been up 2 days so far with only a minuscule amount (<1%) of RS correctable errors so hopefully it'll speed up again in the next week or two.

Thanks

0 Ratings