cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveBeavis
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

4 Week Delay with Capacity

I’ve been waiting now over 4 weeks for my FTTH connection to be activated. Got confirmation that all will be connected on Nov 1st, but still waiting for the capacity issue to be resolved at Great Western Park on Didcot.....One of the largest developments in South Oxfordshire.....come on BT, surely somebody can get this resolved!!!!!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: 4 Week Delay with Capacity

Hi @SteveBeavis 

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Have you been in touch with the dedicated FTTP team? 0800 587 4787

Can you post results from this site please, remove phone number.

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
SteveBeavis
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Oh yes, just keep getting told week on week it’s being reviewed.....
BT are the Sole Provider on this site, it’s the poorest customer service I’ve ever received.
They promise to call......never do, you chase them and they just tell it’s still be reviewed.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 11

BT retail (your ISP) are not responsible for capacity problems. That is the perview of BT Wholesale who increase capacity ASAP.

Problems and delays can occur when new or extra hardware is needed at the exchange and/or headend.

I know this answer doesn't really help you but it is what it is.

0 Ratings
SteveBeavis
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Correct. The issue here is that Openrea h who have installed all the infrastructure on the estate have massively underestimated demand and capacity at the exchange, which is now having a huge effect on people like me who are just sat in limbo while the wheel turns slowly, if at all.

There is also a limited option of mobile Wi-fi due to poor signals in this area too....

on the whole a pretty poor show from the infrastructure supplier.

0 Ratings
SteveBeavis
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

And we are now into week 8 and still being told there are complex capacity issues....even though my neighbours are all moving in and being connected......and we are all in the same fibre circuits......BT.....you are worse than useless.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

As already posted there is nothing BT Retail can do until openreach show you address as connected. The forum unfortunately cannot help as all FTTH sales/enquiries/problems are dealt with by FTTH/P team on 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gi_joe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I'm in a similar scenario Steve did you ever get your FTTH resolved?

0 Ratings
james0001
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

I've been standing by now more than about a month for my FTTH association with be enacted. Got affirmation that all will be associated on Nov first, yet sitting tight for the limit issue to be settled at Great Western Park on Didcot.....One of the biggest advancements in South Oxfordshire.....come on BT, most likely someone can get this resolved!!!!!

0 Ratings
SteveBeavis
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Yes, it took nearly 4 months to resolve. The issue was their system had the wrong details of my fibre connections. BT Blame Openreach, and you cannot talk to Openreach.In the end they cancelled all my orders and I had this escalated after writing to the Chairman/CEO. The normal escalations team are not able to deal with complex issues, so I suggest you start emailing and tweeting to them, works wonders!!

0 Ratings