cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesCards
Message 1 of 5

4+ Years Of Inactive Fibre Cabinet

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone else in UK is in similar situation and if anyone knows of anything I can do about it. 

I'm on Isleworth exchange, that's W5, my cabinet is cabinet 21. It was put there January 2012 and was meant to be turned on May that year. That still hasn't happend. That's more than four years. Almost every other street around us has fibre (as far as I can tell using the checker) and has had it for a while now. 

Whenever I ask BT they tell me it's Openreach dealing with this, not them. And Openreach doesn't exactly deal with customers directlly. So I feel a bit stuck. Over the years I've spoken to a few engineers working on the copper cabinet next to the fibre one and they said the fibre one had all the hardware inside of it but they wouldn't be able to tell me why it wasn't on yet. 

Is this situation common? Is there anyting I can do?

Any help is appreciated. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: 4+ Years Of Inactive Fibre Cabinet

only openreach will know when cabinet will be available for orders  there is an estimated date of May 2016

Cabinet P21   FTTC being Connected, live due by May 2016   Phase 15b           Huawei   W5 4QL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JamesCards
Message 3 of 5

For me it says the estamated date is 30th of June. That has been shifting automatically every 3 months since May 2012. After you shift it for so many years, it just means nothing anymore really : ) 

Is there a way to contact openreach? Is there any point? Have you heard of similar situation and how they were resolved? 

Thanks! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

you can write to openreach  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

if you get autoreply then send again until you get reply from an actual person

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
JamesCards
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for your help. I will do that. 

0 Ratings