cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: 46% sync speed reduction following hub power cycle

Hi @michaelkenward,

Happy to clear that up for you. We deal with emails in turn so once the case reaches the top of the queue it gets picked up. If the OP has submitted another email it will be added to the queue but won't have any effect on the original submission. 

@mitreklov I've checked the queue and can see your emails. We're busier than usual so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 20

@DavidM wrote:

Hi @michaelkenward,

Happy to clear that up for you. We deal with emails in turn so once the case reaches the top of the queue it gets picked up. If the OP has submitted another email it will be added to the queue but won't have any effect on the original submission.

Ta.

So, either things have changed, I was misled, or I am bonkers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

Probably the latter Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Thanks all, I'll be patient.

0 Ratings
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 20

David,

I've have received your messages and emails requesting dates for an engineer to call. I have replied to your emails on every occasion however it doesn't sound like you are getting my replies.

Here is a copy of the text from my reply emails.

David

I have replied to your previous emails but clearly you don’t seem to be receiving them so this email is sent from an alternative address just in case the other one is being blocked at your end.

Here is the message I had sent previously.

Hi David,

Just got your voice message re engineering visiting dates. 
I sent this email originally on Friday 30th Sept perhaps it fell through the cracks. Here it is again.

Tim

Here are some dates I can be available for an engineers visit, let me know if any of them work for you.

Mon 3rd Oct AM
Tue 4th Oct AM
Mon 10th Oct AM
Wed 12th Oct AM
Fri 14th Oct AM

Thanks

Tim
0 Ratings
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

David,

I’m still trying to contact you and have tried via posting on the forum and return emails, but no response.

Since then the dates I posted for possible engineer visits have changed. So if you get this message forward dates for a visit are as follows:

Tue 11th Oct AM
Mon - Wed 17th - 19th Oct AM
Fri - 21st oct AM

I’ll post this email on the forum as well in the hope that you will eventually get one of my messages and we can get the line fault rectified.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Hi @mitreklov,

I've checked the messages @DavidM sent you but there are no replies showing which is unusual. He is out of the office until tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll get this picked up and we'll see if we can get you the dates you requested. We'll be back in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

David,

Not heard from you in a few weeks, can you contct me and let me know what is going on please.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Hi @mitreklov David will be back in the office tomorrow and I have dropped him an email to contact you.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

After nearly 3 months since my original post I may have got to the bottom of this problem but i'm at my wits end on trying to get a resolution to the problem.

To recap, my 18meg Infiity 1 connection dropped by 46% to around 10meg back in August this year, the connection having only been installed back in March. 

It turns out, from information collected from visiting OpenReach engineers, that there was a screw up by the contractor that installed the FTTC cabinets in our village earlier this year. It appears that when the new FTTC cabinet was installed 250m up the road from my house, not all the multipair cables were diverted through it including mine. As I was early to order my Infinity connection the fibre connection was installed in the next cabinet 1400m further down the road closer to the exchange. The last OpenReach engineer to visit me, and there have been 3 now, tested and confirmed that my copper pair is now connected and passes through the PCP cabinet 250m away which in turn is connected  to the one 1400m away. He told me that since I had my fibre connection installed back in March that the error of the cables that were missed has since been corrected, around August when all the trouble started on my line!!!

So It seems that I live 250m away from a cabinet that has FTTC facility, that has capacity (confirmed by the engineer) and that the copper pair from my property passes through it, also confirmed by the engineer. Even the online look up tools that indicated which cabinet I'm connected to agree with this.

Can anyone please explain why, despite repeated requests to BT broadband , despite more that one OpenReach engineer saying that the current set up is incorrect and the link is incorrectly located, why do OpenReach keep telling BT they will not correct the probelm and move the link to the closer cabinet? The line is now under performing ever since the corrections have been made, hence the 46% speed drop.  

As the engineer stated 'it's a simple process of removing the DSLAM link from the farthest cabinet and installing it in the closer one', there are no cable to reroute, no roads to dig up, no poles to erect'. But when asked to perform the change all engineers refer me back to my ISP. So, I ask my ISP and I get told OpenReach refused to to do it.

What the is going on.

As I have no way to approach OpenReach directly and it is they and they alone who have the power to sort things out, coupled with BT Broaband's inability to get OpenReach action the correction, what can I do?

Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

If anyone is familiar with my area here are some location details:

My exchange is Framfiled in East Sussex

The PCP cabinet 250m away is No 6

The PCP cabinet where my DSLAM link is located is No 1

My circuit passes through Cab 6 onto Cab 1 then to the exchange

0 Ratings