cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

5 days to switching provider, no PPP response?

Hello all. Just some guidance, really. I've been on Infinity 2 for a couple of years without issue, running my own hardware (7800n off OpenReach modem) which has been solid. I'm jumping ship to TT in five days due to cost, and on the day my TT router arrived, my internet stopped working. Cue endless rounds of "what colour is the homhub light?" chats and promises for mysterious engineers to call (none did, now told it doesn't ever happen anyway). All that aside, just wondered if anyone could shed some light / help?

Essentially, DSL is up and I'm maintaining a connection to the exchange, but there is no response from the PPP server, as if it's disabled at the exchange. Tried and tested brand new HH4, various settings on 7800n, plus the TT router which bypasses the OpenReach modem altogether. All three devices, in their various ways (logs, error messages) are all reporting the same thing - I am connected, but there's no "PPP response". Even swapped out CAT5 from O/R modem to routers, just in case.

Phone is fine, neighbours on same are having no problems - I'm finding it extremely coincidental that this has happened just before I'm due to depart BT, and just wondering if anyone's experienced something similar?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: 5 days to switching provider, no PPP response?

Welcome to this user forum.

Could be this https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-Infinity-2-WAN-Connection-Dead/td-p/1805...

Not a lot you can do about it as you are moving provider.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Cheers. I've just twigged exactly that - 170 reply thread, "no common issue" my ar*e!

So, nothing to be done - just hang tight and hope it gets sorted? Would you expect this issue to follow me to TT?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@8u7fhfhff wrote:

Cheers. I've just twigged exactly that - 170 reply thread, "no common issue" my ar*e!

So, nothing to be done - just hang tight and hope it gets sorted? Would you expect this issue to follow me to TT?

Possibly, it depends on where the fault is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 6

It shouldn't follow you as your connection to TT would requre a line reset and that seems to be the solution to the problem anyway.

Even if the mods were to get involved it would take up to 3 days for your request to get to the top of the queue and a further 3 days for an engineer to attend.

If you went via the sevice desk that would take 3 days for an engineer to attend if you could get them to book an engineer on the first attempt.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Thanks. Fingers crossed. I might have persued the engineer option on day 1 had BT comms / escalation process (outside this forum) not been so poor. Guess I'll just chew through my mobile data. Cheers, BT. 

0 Ratings