cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kms
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

5G

Surely 5G will put BT broadband to bed. Like most folk I'm paying for something we cant even get with poor upload speeds in this day and age, poor reliability with drop outs all the time.

If the line is truly the issue, roll on 5G and we can all take that out of the equation and end this poor service.

Happy days

kms

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Carlusha
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: 5G

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

@kms wrote:

Surely 5G will put BT broadband to bed. Like most folk I'm paying for something we cant even get with poor upload speeds in this day and age, poor reliability with drop outs all the time.

If the line is truly the issue, roll on 5G and we can all take that out of the equation and end this poor service.

Happy days

kms

Did they not say the same when 4g was introduced!

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

@kmswrote:

Happy days

kms

I know where you're coming from there, I'd love to be able to get 4G, 3G or even 2G at home, so somehow I don't think BT, or any other ISP, are in the slightest bit worried about the effects of 5G.

They will be more concerned about how they're going to pass on the cost of 5G to the customer in an attempt to recoup their whopping investment.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Yawn, how many times are people going to bore us with this.

Really think about it, if 5G was truly going to supersede fixed line Broadband why would the likes of Openreach, CityFibre, Hyperoptic, Virgin Media, etc be spending £Billions Installing their FTTP Networks?

Surely it would be easier to install 5G everywhere, rip out their existing Copper/Fibre Networks and then make the majority of their Engineering Workforce’s redundant. 

0 Ratings
matekaneve
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

THIS VIDEO explains a lot about 5G. All the advantages and disadvantages. I think 5G is still too far from being able to replace fixed line broadband. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 7

Ok, if you have 1500 dollars, or pounds sterling in your pocket, at current rates. That’s to buy a phone compatible with 5G.

And if you live in a city, where 5G  is available. What are you going to do with 5G?

4G is generally available in many rural areas.