cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

66% Speed Drop

I've experienced a speed drop going from 30MB download speed to only 10MB both on a wired and wireless connection.

Is there anything on my side that I could check the issue? BT obviously are trying to push the stuff on to me, and that there is no issue on their side, but this is a significant drop overnight and way below the guaranteed minimum speed.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: 66% Speed Drop

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Yup, clearly an issue on your end and not on my end - this is honestly distasteful that this gets pushed on to me as my issue.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

please delete your phone number as this is a public forum  you may get more scam calls than you can handle

as I said in my first post this is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT  apart from forum mods everyone is a customer just like you

have you checked for dial tone?  if so then quiet line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings