cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rossjohn123
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

6th engineer visit and bb still not fixed

Hi all, had broadband with bt for around 8 months, but we have had nothing but trouble with the router resetting multiple times every night, its happend approx 6 times from 5pm tonight. I phoned to cancel tonight as I don't trust this problem will every be fixed even tho I'm assured it will after every phone call and engineer visit(6 times). Every time the problem is located outside the house and it works for around a week then starts resetting again after it's been "fixed". Is there a way out of the contract as I'm being told I have to pay 300£ to leave even tho I'm not getting what im paying for...
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: 6th engineer visit and bb still not fixed

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

There is no reason why your service cannot be repaired. A moderator can take ownership of this, until its fixed. If the router is rebooting, then its probably  faulty.

If the the external network is faulty, then it will still be faulty if you change provider. You can only cancel without penalty if BT agree in writing, that they cannot fix the problem.

You should get a reply tomorrow morning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

Message 3 of 11

@Rossjohn123 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see that you've been experiencing ongoing issues with your broadband connection. It really shouldn't take six engineer visits to resolve a fault and I appreciate you've now reached the end of your tether with the situation.   The mod team will be happy to help with this if you send us over your details on the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Rossjohn123
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Thanks, sent details over
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 11

Hi @Rossjohn123 thanks for sending in your details, sorry I missed you when I called. I have re-opened your complaint, and will deal with it until this fault is sorted, please don't worry.

I see a fault was sent back to our suppliers on Friday, so I will check it again tomorrow for updates as it looks like they found a fault on the network, which sounds encouraging. 

Thanks

Community ManagerStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thanks
0 Ratings
Rossjohn123
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Thanks for looking into it, I was told someone would be working on it tomorrow, but it needs to be looked at tidy as after every repair it only lasts a week or so before it starts resetting again.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Is it dropping connection outside of the times you said?

If not it could be a REINS issue?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

The most it should really take is about two engineers one being the fault check and the second would be an SFI why it hadnt have been resolved yet is beyond me.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I assume he has VDSL Broadband in which case you can’t get SFI2 on VDSL, only on ADSL because it’s a Service Openreach charge Providers for and has different modules that can be included. This is because Openreach aren’t responsible for the ADSL Network, only the FTTC/FTTP one.

VDSL only has the SFVA, Superfast Visit Assure. That’s when it’s testing OK and within the speed range.

Then there’s the FTTC1 Fault. This is when there a hard network fault is picked up on the initial test.

There’s also the BT Infinity Broadband Boost. A lot of people think this is a fault report but it’s not, it’s a Service Based Solution Order where BT pay Openreach to try and improve the speed of someone’s broadband but it’s by no means guaranteed.

Also Openreach Engineers can only fix faults within their domain, aka the last mile. If the fault itself is on the Backhaul Network then there’s littl to nothing they can do about that, it’s up to the owning CP, who have a tendency to just push it back out to Openreach again to get you off the phone!
0 Ratings
Rossjohn123
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

It does happen throughout the day on the weekend but it happens alot more in the night, its reset 4 times tonight only once this morning, not sure through the week as we are both in work until 5ish
0 Ratings