cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

7 Months for BT FTTP Install and still waiting...

Hi All

I placed an order for FTTP on 10 Dec 2019. It was supposed to be installed before the end of the year. First OpenReach engineer said the conduit was blocked and would have to be cleared before install. Fine. I called BT, order still in progress, but install dates being moved. Second engineer comes out and asks if it has been installed (?). He took some details and left. Called BT again and got a date for the dig team. This now mid Jan 2020. Another engineer comes out and tell me the conduit is blocked and will need to be cleared. I said, I know that because the previous engineer had already marked an 'X' or where to dig. Another call to BT. A dig team comes out. My name & address on their worksheet, but wrong photos and as it turns out wrong area and wrong person. Another call to BT. I now also have a OpenReach case worker. New dig supposed come out by end of Feb, then they realised it was the wrong exchange. So now new order is created and linked to original order and dig team will be out mid march, just before lock down.

Guess what. No dig team. I stop calling BT, as I'm not an urgent case or key worker. Now lockdowns are being lifted, call BT to see what is going on. I get a £300 compensation (nice), but still no word on when I'll get connected. Call again a week later, they OpenReach tell them dig team will be here 28 May, outside work to be completed on 1 June and indoor work 10 June (conditions allowing).

Called BT this morning. A new note on my account. Now dig team will be here on 15 June and that note was placed minutes after I had last spoken to them.

I understand the current situation with Covid-19, but all of this should have been done before the lock down and I would have thought a priority after the lockdown.

Dig team showed on 28 May. Conduit has been unblocked - or would have been if there was a conduit!

After much digging by the contractors, the put in an unblocked conduit! I would like to add the contractors very very professional and friendly. Left the pavement and my front better than when they arrived.

I now have a blue rope in front of my door ready for OpenReach to come and pull through the Fibre. That's scheduled for Monday.

Well, Monday is almost finished and no OpenReach.

Called BT who contacted OpenReach who said they had escalated the work to be done by the contractors (the dig team)! I had called BT on Friday and Saturday telling them it has been done and that I have the blue rope by my front door.

Now I'm waiting for the dig team to update their status, so OpenReach can come lay the fibre and then do the inside work. At the speed that this is going I might get FTTP by Christmas! It's only 6 months away and it's taken 7 months to get to here!

Called BT Tuesday evening. They confirmed with OpenReach that they will be out on Monday 8th June to lay the cable and then 10 June to do the internal work.

Great!

I call them on Wednesday morning to confirm for Monday 8th, as order tracker still said they would be coming today. BT confirmed with OpenReach that they will be out on Monday 8th.

Just logged into BT Order Tracking. External work now pushed back to estimated 19 June and Internal work confirmed (with whom, I don't know) on 30th June.

Me: What The ....?

I called BT at 8pm. OpenReach closed at 7:30pm so no further info from them, but note on my account from 7:45pm stating dig work needed to be completed. Again Huh? It's done. Blue rope outside my house ready to pull the fibre through!!! The note said an engineer had come out (no they didn't) to inspect. Well if they did I would have seen them. I was home all day (like we're supposed to) and he would have seen the blue rope.

And OpenReach have been to wrong address a couple of times before, so they may have gone to wrong house in. another part of the country!

I will have to call in the morning to get BT to shout at OpenReach. So tempted to cancel the order and reorder, but could loose out on goodwill payment.

Arrrhhhhgg!

Any help would appreciated.

Shrey

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: 7 Months for BT FTTP Install and still waiting...

Get email confirmation of install and claim compensation until done.

If you are lucky @Starwire  may be around and give you further info.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

@shrey  Being deaf, I haven't a clue how I would have coped in a similar situation, especially as the Chat facility is unmanned during the pandemic.

You deserve an award for your patience!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

Ain’t got nothing.

Sounds like a case of, ‘Not my job mate’ and no one wants to deal with it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

Spoke to BT this morning. They called OpenReach to clarify what is going on.

OpenReach's reply: They don't enough engineers (fair enough) to cope with the work load, so they pushed back by appointment. 

My reply: Why didn't they just put that in the notes instead of claiming they were waiting for the dig work to be done?

BT Said: That is what they should have written down.

OpenReach reach did say the appointment would probably move forward and get done before the 19th.

I not holding my breath!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Appointment pushed back another month!

Getting fed up

I think they're waiting until I give up

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

Shall we have a wager who gets connected first. 😂

As you already know I have been waiting 2 years now but getting closer hopefully.

I've seen enough of these emails to last me a lifetime.🙄

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

I have been assured by BT twice today and by text that OpenReach will arrive tomorrow!

Drinks after lockdown and instal to celebrate?

Message 9 of 28

Mate I will buy the first round.😁😁

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

Called BT a third time just to confirm!

Paranoid or what?

I'll keep you updated

0 Ratings