cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 28

Re: 7 Months for BT FTTP Install and still waiting...

Out of interest how long was the coil?  I am asking as i will need the fibre cable to go from the front door conduit to where i want the ONT around the house  - is there a maximum lengh they will do this?? - Good luck you have as much hair i i have dealing with BT/OR!

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 28

Installed! WhoHoo!

Currently getting 220 down and 50 up, should 300/50. They said it should settle of the next couple of days.

They left a couple of metres by my door. That went into a CSP and new bit of fibre from CSP to inside the house. That bit was done by internal installation.

Very neat job.

Message 23 of 28

Great news. What speed did you come from?

What route did you take to get it escalated and installed in the end? 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 28

Another member on the board gave me OpenReach's cel's email address and suggested a polite email to them.

It was sent as a private message to me, so I don't think I can share it.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 28

Ah ok that's fair enough. My order just needs someone with a bit of common sense to take a look from openreach but BT say they can't chase so I'm a bit stuck.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 28

Congrats shrey...😁

Really pleased for you but must ask why you are only getting 220 down and 50 up.

I was lead to believe there was no settling down period with FTTP.😮

Have you got the 900 packages or less.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 28

@jparnell82 

Check your PM's 

😀

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 28 of 28

Thanks.

It's now about 270 down 50 up. BT said that was what they expected. Engineer said it may settle down but he wasn't convinced as it's normally all or nothing.

Rebooted my router, speed went up to what it is now.

I'm on the 300/50. I've asked if I can 'upgrade' to the previously advertised 500/70 for the same price. BT said yes, probably, but will have to wait a day or for the order to 'complete' before the regrade.

0 Ratings