I've just had BT Infinity 2 installed, and just joined the forum, so this is my first post. I've done some scanning of the forum, but can't see anything obvious which matches my issue.
As I said, Infinity was installed last night, and I ran several speed tests from various sites (BT Diagnostic's, BT Wholesale, Speedtest.net and a couple of others). All say the same thing, I'm getting around 70-75Mb download but only 0.14Mb upload !!!!. This is on my desktop PC connected by Ethernet cable.
Running the Speedtest.net app on my Galaxy SII phone, I'm getting up to 28-33Mb download and 16-18Mb upload, which implies wireless is working fine.
I've tried swapping out the HH3 for my BiPAC Billion 7800N router, and get exactly the same results, so that rules out a faulty HH3. Several Ethernet cables have been tried too, but no change.
I've got a very new motherboard (Asus Sabretooth Z77) which has an Intel 82579V Gigabit LAN controller and the latest drivers installed. As I was getting the expected 0.75 - 1.25 upload with my old ADSL2 connection, I can't see there being a problem there.
I've had a lengthy chat with a person at BT, who couldn't advise anything, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has had a similar issue with Infinity, and what they may have done to resolve it.
I think that one is worth contacting the mods for: at: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 . But be aware they take 3 working days to reply: sometimes more if busy. (and goodness knows what for Xmas?)
If I read your post right you have basically identified the problem as being your computer. You say the router isnt the problem, you also say on your phone you get a good upload.
Problem has been solved 🙂
After much scanning of the web I found a post on a blog where someone had a similar problem. They also had an ASUS motherboard with the same LAN controller.
ASUS has utility software which monitors various things on the motherboard, one of which is called Network iControl, and for some unknown reason severely restricts uploads speed. I disabled this and, after a reboot, got 65/14. Much better.
It's still odd that I get better upload speed on my mobile, but I can live with that.
Glad it is sorted. The faster upload on yoru mobile may be wrong reporting by speedtesters rather than a real difference.
The BT speedtester usually underestimates upload speed for me (compared to real speeds I can regularly and consistently get); at one point when I had other issues (but no upload issues), it was regularly reporting 6Mbps or so when I was really getting 17Mbps.
On the other hand, my iPad speedtest regularly gives 21.7Mbps, which is faster than my 20Mbps sync speed and clearly wrong. I don't know the real speed from the iPad.