cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveuns
Contributor
Message 21 of 67

Re: 78mbps fibre service only receiving 11mbps on evening

I too have now opened a dialogue with the mod's on here.  I will await their response.

0 Ratings
daveuns
Contributor
Message 22 of 67

I've done a BTW speedtest and got an IP Profile of 38Mb,...

I've done a BTW speedtest and got an IP Profile of 38Mb, with a download speed of 11.99Mb.

speedtest2.PNG

0 Ratings
npinks
Contributor
Message 23 of 67

Re: I've done a BTW speedtest and got an IP Profile of 38Mb,...

still the same tonight

not heard from BT or anything from the email i sent via here

Brothers BTinfinity also doing the same, so I think BT know whats they are purporsely doing to the speed,

In my opinion they are slowing it down as they cant meet demand and wont admit it, theres too many suffering the same thing across the network

0 Ratings
daveuns
Contributor
Message 24 of 67

Mine is also slow again tonight, on the BT Speedtester it says 10.99, on speedtest.net it says 3Mb.  I think it's possibly even slower than that, I can't even stream radio feeds on the tunein radio app.  

I have spoken to a friend who is fed from the same exchange but is using Plusnet as their ISP and they also have exactly the same issue.  I know Plusnet is owned by BT but I am not sure if they share equipment/backhaul etc.  

NewSnip.PNG

0 Ratings
Bryanwal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 67

I'm having exact same problems. Normally 75 meg dload. Dropping to between 5 and 16 meg at peak times. Either sort it out Bt or ill be cancelling my contract.
0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 26 of 67

It could be the ones with slow BB are connected to the same radius server that may have developed a fault.

this is normaly sorted out quickly but if problems persist you could try another radius server by turning off the

Hub and Hg612/ECI modem for a few minutes.

If you use http://www.speedtest.net/ you can see the radius server your connected to by the Green triangle.

Hope this helps if not the Mod's will be glad to help Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
daveuns
Contributor
Message 27 of 67

So, I've just done another speedtest, bearing in mind that none of my equipment has been reset and my connection has not dropped according to my router.   Either 1)BT have absolutly oversold this service, and therefore should be making efforts to resolve this and/or compensate users as they do not receive what was advertised 2) have a major network issue that starts at around 6pm and resolves overnight, or 3) are deliberatly slowing down the network after 6pm because of point 1 or some other issue. 

Either way, it's not really acceptable for a premium broadband product. 

satmornst.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Quinny01
Contributor
Message 28 of 67

Hi All...

Just thought I would let you all know I have been having the same issue on an evening with very slow speeds! Upload is fine but download can be as low as 3mb.

Now this has been going on since September for me and I have been dealing with Executive complaints at BT, BT Wholesale have been involved and also Openreach engineers have been out to try to rectify the issue.

So far 4 months later there is still no fix!! So dont hold you breath if you this this will just rectify itself.

Having a nightmare time with Infinity.. Been on it for over 2 years now and up until the profile changed to 17a from 8c to support the 80mb service it was flawless.

I am on the Hetton-Le-Hole exchange.

Regards,

GT

0 Ratings
daveuns
Contributor
Message 29 of 67

Hi Quinny,

I'm still on Infinity 1 as I didn't want to take out a new minimum term and I am having the same problems, so I don't think your "upgrade" is the cause of the issue 😞  

Like you, it's been great for the majority of the time I've been on it, this issue started about 4 weeks ago.

0 Ratings
tiny_man
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 67

I all, I'm suffering from this as well and i highly doubt it is anything but peak time thottling by BT themselves, so I doubt there is any 'fix'.

I've seen various people saying it is the Hawai (sic?) modem, that too seems highly unlikely that a modem would fail in such an odd way.

The theory that is is congestion/contention issues seems completely flawed to me... as the problem started about a month ago for me to, and the drop seems far too severe (50mb to 3mb for me).

Nor is it the sever on which you test your speed, I've tried loads of different ones, all indicate the same drop.

Nor is it a problem with the local exchanges, we all have different ones.

It is throttling plain and simple. What is the point of having an 'up to 80mb' service which only runs at 3mb at the times when you actually want to use it? There is none.

0 Ratings