cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seanb2uk
Contributor
Message 61 of 68

Re: 80/20 Speed upgrade - What a joke!!

Mods have had 6 days so far to reply to me. So this whole "up to 3 days" thing is a lie lol.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 62 of 68

Have you tried contacting them again Seanb2uk?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 63 of 68

@Seanb2uk wrote:

Mods have had 6 days so far to reply to me. So this whole "up to 3 days" thing is a lie lol.

You never know perhaps they have rather a lot of issues follwing the upgrade and are very busy, just a thought.

0 Ratings
jedi118
Contributor
Message 64 of 68

I think they may be inundated with issues ref to upgrade? Mine is totally botched, I had issues with my 1st Infinity install where I was told by BT sales I would get 38/8 but ened up with 20/8, after many frustrating calls to BT and 3 failed engineer visits ( they turned up but said there was no issue) I came here and involved the mods. Roughly 10 days later my infinity was running at 38/8. Perfect!! Sadly the upgrade has issued the same problem and I am getting 22mps down but a whopping 16 up. I have so far had 1 engineer visit which was kindly arranged by mod Patrick but was as I though a waste of time as he could not find an issue, he said I should see about a 60dl ( my neighbours all have this on infinity). So I'm now stuck in the slow process of getting it fixed. I will say that this product is very young and these hiccups will happen. I just hope BT can resolve what appears to be an issue for some. So if you are having issues them sit tight as I'm sure the mods here can resolve it even if it feels like a while.
0 Ratings
ady199
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 68

BT support left me a message earlier on today and I've just listened to it. (I could hardly understand the message)

Again BT insisted that I should check my fillters and that my IP profile is set to 49Mbps - I've just checked and its actually set to 47.73Mbps and yet again they haven't even mentioned my upload speed which is excatly the same as before.

Please can one of the MODS help me - because I am getting nowhere with BT support!!

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 66 of 68

Have you contacted them ady199?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
disco66
Beginner
Message 67 of 68

BT Infinity 1 installed Jan 2012, quoted 40/2  actually get 37/2.............. Very Happy indeed

Upgraded 17th April to Infinity 2 BT checker quotes 62/20

Went live yesterday getting 27/16

I am 10 Mbps down on an upgrade ! called Tech fobbed me with the 10 day Circuit stabilisation period, which if you read other threads your speed will generally be what you speedtest after upgrade and do not increase after 10 day period.

If after 10 days it remains same, what or who do i need to contact ? I'm really concerened i will never see my 37/2 even if i downgrade again

Confused from Basingstoke.

0 Ratings
spesh
Beginner
Message 68 of 68

Are there any updates to the above? - Has the speed improved, or did you switch back to 40/2 ?

Plusnet FTTC 40/2 & 80/20 trial
0 Ratings