cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

9 months waiting for FTTP

Placed an order for FTTP in the middle of September. Had absolutely no proactive communication from BT or Openreach since that day.

Another Openreach appointment today, stayed in all day and by my phone, Openreach never showed, never called, never cancelled. Again.

Can someone take ownership of this to get it resolved please, or to at least give me a clear and honest answer about what's going on. I have had at least 5 different conflicting stories.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: 9 months waiting for FTTP

If you are an existing BT customer and the FTTP is an ‘upgrade’ from ADSL or FTTC to FTTP , use your phone number in this DSL checker ( and post the results ) , if not currently a BT customer use the address option ..obscure the phone number /address when posting the result.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 29

Will do! Currently have ADSL with another provider.

Screenshot 2022-06-08 193343.png

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 29

From that info it seems you have a congested duct which OR will need to sort out. It is possible they have sorted this out without you knowing but really you would see some evidence ie some fibre cable would have appeared. 
All you can do is check with BT. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 29

Presumably you are ordering BT FTTP alongside your existing broadband supplied by someone else , the DSL checker shows KCI2 , and UG congested duct , this should mean once your order is taken , it’s a two stage install , the congested duct may need work , it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s blocked , just that at survey it couldn’t be verified as serviceable.

You shouldn’t be given a contractual date until a cable has been provided from the CBT ( in a joint box somewhere close by ) to your house wall, as obviously it’s unknown what may be needed to get a cable to your property ( and the costs involved ) but the first visit should be arranged to ascertain what’s needed ( if anything ) 

If you haven’t been given an initial date , and have never seen the 1st stage engineer , you need to ask BT why , if you have had an initial visit , ( possibly confirming the duct as blocked ) it would need work, if the work needed was on your property , then you would have to agree to excavation etc , but you should be kept updated.

Is your property relatively standard ?, there was a post on another forum , not the same issue as you, and not using BT  , but in that case , the CBT was in a public area, but the customers property was some considerable distance away ,(  very long driveway,   hundreds of metres  )  the excavation required was extensive  to get the cable from the CBT to the property ( all within the customer land ) and they were expected to contribute £4K to £8k towards the costs…if your situation is similar it could be there are going to be excess costs , and that in part is responsible for the delay

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

Thanks both for the responses!

I've tried following up with BT many times but haven't had a clear answer where the holdup is - it has varied every single time I have phoned.

If you haven’t been given an initial date , and have never seen the 1st stage engineer , you need to ask BT why , if you have had an initial visit , ( possibly confirming the duct as blocked ) it would need work, if the work needed was on your property , then you would have to agree to excavation etc , but you should be kept updated.

Openreach attended in October and did some work in the joint box and spray painted an arrow pointing at the wall the fibre would go through. The manhole is 0.6m from the exterior wall (ground floor flat). There was a bit of confusion about access to a locked utility cupboard on site on the first visit (Openreach didn't actually need access but thought they did at the time). I had to get hold of someone to gain access, I got the key in about 90 minutes. The engineer had left the site and said he would return the next day to sort the external install. I haven't had an engineer in contact with me since, though I've seen them at the joint box and along the road multiple times.

You shouldn’t be given a contractual date until a cable has been provided from the CBT ( in a joint box somewhere close by ) to your house wall, as obviously it’s unknown what may be needed to get a cable to your property ( and the costs involved ) but the first visit should be arranged to ascertain what’s needed ( if anything ) 

Committed service start date is confirmed as 20/12/2021, I've checked and rechecked this multiple times with different people, including with executive customer resolution team. That was the date of a previous Openreach appointment that was also a no-show.

EDIT- forgot to mention, the congested duct message has been there since October or November.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

So did you write and complain to BT CEO and your complaint is now being handled by ELC ?  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 29

I'm unsure what ELC is, sorry (executive level complaints?). I raised a complaint online via https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/complaints  on 09/03 (interestingly I have no open or closed complaints at that link now, when I previously had 4).

Following that, I was contacted by email by 'Jack' (I won't give his surname) from the 'Executive Customer Resolution Team' on 20th March. He stated that "Latest update from Openreach is that the appointment to provide your service will be 13/04/2022. They have also confirmed if they are able to bring this forward, the Oprenreach team will reach out to yourself." The complaint was then closed. As far as I'm aware I have no current open complaints and the previously mentioned 4 closed ones:

Raised 23/12, closed 13/01.

Raised 04/02, closed 04/02.

Raised 07/03, closed 07/03.

Raised 09/03, closed 24/03.

The two that were closed immediately were when I asked the CS rep during a phone call if a complaint could be raised, I assume that's standard process to  just record a complaint for the record then close it?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 29

@heavywater I'm sorry about the delay getting your FTTP installed, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll be happy to chase this up for you.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 29

Brilliant, thanks Neil, I've sent over the details.

0 Ratings