cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

900mb FTTP capped at 50mb upload

Go to solution

So as the subject says I recently moved to the 900 service and the first few days it was 110 pretty much every time I checked. I was having issues with the hybrid connect so I did a factory reset of the hub and it dropped to 50. I was then sent a new hub and that's also stuck at 50 up

I tried calling BT but got the "we don't guarantee upload speeds" I appreciate that but when you say it will be 110 in an email that says how fast will it be and then simply by resetting a router it looses 60mb something is clearly wrong somewhere.  

The level of customer service at BT amazes me, keep you on hold for 30 plus minutes then shut you down with statements like we don't guarantee upload speeds despite a quick read of this forum making it clear its not about the guarantee the smart hub is clearly not performing as it should.

I was even asked where my router was placed! how is that relevant to a problem with the upload speed oh and can I send you a speed test link so I can get an idea of the speeds on the device your using....  Its not a wifi issue and the speed my phone gets isnt the issue either.  

is the current firmware v0.27.07.07281-BT ? Or should I wait to see if the hub updates?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: 900mb FTTP capped at 50mb upload

Go to solution

if used search there is a very large thread

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload thro... - Page 13 - BT Community

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @ShavedApe,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're not getting the full speed on the upload side of your connection. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

I did use the search but as you said there is a very large thread. So large getting an answer might take a long time. Thanks for you input though.

The issue is now fixed I contacted BT again and got a different advisor who was able to help which makes it yet more clear how poor the customer service at BT can be. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @ShavedApe,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. I'm glad you were able to get this sorted.

I'm just sorry you had to contact BT more than once to get this fixed.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Who did you call to get it addressed? Do you have a number 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I just called the normal customer service number but its definitely luck of the draw when it comes to how helpful they might be.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

hi, would it really not be helpful if you actually stated what the solution was? when talking to them?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

You are responding to an 18 month old thread.

A brief search of the forum would reveal that the necessary update to the hub to increase upload speed doesn't always happen automatically as it should and requires manual intervention.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hello, sorry but alot of online search can be misleading and confusing, i did explain this to BT today, any idea who we actually speak to? Is it a firmware update? 

0 Ratings