Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 35

Re: 900mb FTTP installation speed

Thanks very much👍
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 35

No problem buddy, Keep us posted how it goes.

Please be aware this is a common occurrence so you are not on your own.

A fix is being put in place as @-Richie-  says.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 35

Good to know Richie thanks👍
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 35

I was told the October fix is for the smart hub speed tester to report more accurate results.

BT doesn’t think there is a problem other than the speed tester itself even if the same poor results are seen with other 3rd party routers.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 35

Sounds like it's not an actual fix then, however ISPreview seem to think otherwise from what they's been able to find out.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/07/isp-bt-working-to-fix-slow-fttp-broadband-speed-profil... 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 35

Unfortunately so @pippincp , no fix other than to the speed testers including the Smarthub’s unless they slip something else in at the same time. Their claim is the speeds are there it’s just the measurement and reporting of the speeds that are wrong.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 35

I do not deny what you are saying and even the ISPReview report does not say it will be a total solution but acknowledges that BT do know about it. If Mark finds out any further info I will post in the main 900Mb thread.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 35

@Forthaywrote:

I was told the October fix is for the smart hub speed tester to report more accurate results.

BT doesn’t think there is a problem other than the speed tester itself even if the same poor results are seen with other 3rd party routers.

The ISPreview post states 2 issues, 1 is the reporting of speed using speed test sites and the other is the variation in speeds, it states the issue is with the SH2, so 3rd party routers are not affected.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 35

Correct, so if you see a speed problem with a 3rd party router that you also see with the SH2 (as I do) on Fibre900 then the issue won’t be fixed by whatever they’re doing. All they’re really fixing is the measuring and reporting of speeds in the SH2. BT say there is no real issue with Fibre 900 it’s only the speed tester that’s broken.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 35

We all know that's **bleep**. Is your 3rd party router fully firmware updated? Have you teted with a direct PPoE conection from the device?

0 Ratings