cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

900mpbs new setup dissapointed

Hi had the 900mb installed today and absolutely so disappointed with performance, the only thing getting a half decent connection is my mobile phone, at around 500mpbs, my work laptop and phone are getting around 27mbps, son is using the 1gig rated BT connectors and all we have seen on average is a 100mpbs. My Sony TV connect via cat 5 to the home hub 2 is around 90, i comnected my personal laptop to the router via cat 5 and managed 600 at the most but via wifi  its 50. My other son via his PS4 is only getting 22mb over wifi. Is it the **bleep** home home hub 2 or just BT in general!!! Annoyed aint the word

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: 900mpbs new setup dissapointed

so I hear where your coming from but it dosent mean just because you have 900 you will see 900 on each device. It's a combination with a number of factors which then limit the bandwidth. 

Each device has a network or wifi device which in itself has limitations. I would suggest a better router anyway. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

I get that but you have to admit those speeds are ridiculous especially the ones under 30mbps and thats wifi standing next to the router!! We got faster on some devices when we only had 40mbps.  Have been looking at the ax routers anyone recommend something half decent for the 150 pound mark? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

There's the TP-LINK Dual-Band AX50 Nighthawk AX4 WiFi 6 Router at around £135-£140. It's a reasonable router for the money.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

Just been looking at that, also looking at asus as ive used them before and interface is pretty easy to us is the TP link interface straight forward? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

You can look around the interface with this emulator. https://emulator.tp-link.com/ax50-eu-v1/index.html 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 27

Do you have any AX clients?

When you connected your tv and achieved 90mbps did you check to see if the tv is 100Mbps only connection rate?

Are you able to see what channel you are connecting too ie 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

What do you use the internet for ie gaming, streaming and so on.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

Hi checked later the Sony Tv is 100mb, my complaint is around the wifi which is poor unless right on top of it, even then for some reason my work mobile and laptop cannot get over 25mb and that's 2 feet from the router,  linkspeed and bt powerline adapters and my tp link ones again is poorer than when i had my old BT setup, was getting around 40 older setup now only 30ish if lucky, i know wifi can be iffy but the speeds fluctuating so much for everyone, ps4 about 20ft away only gets 28mbps, we onky have 2 devices linked at 2.4ghz the rest on 5ghz. Seriously going to ditch the home hub 2 and go third party, only device that gets decent speed over ethernet directly connected to the router is my personal laptop and now getting near the advertised speeds but wifi is the main problem, we have a number  speakers, laptops, phones, ipad, games consoles etc all connected at once only some get decent speeds of around 300 but thats standing on top of the HH2 go through the door next door 10ft away amd your getting 40 to 50 any further and well its down to around 28. Even with tp link extenders only at most get 50. Think its a better quality router needed asap to benefit from the extra speed. Even will to increase my budget too near 300 for a decent reliable wifi. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

Before you go forking out money for what could be no good reason, have you turned off Smart Setup?

What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help

Message 10 of 27

The ASUS AX6000 WiFi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX88U) is going for just under £300 on Amazon.

0 Ratings