cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanGr
Message 1 of 3

A text message from BT

Hi, I am currently moving into a new house next week so decided to take out BT fibre plan but I have received the following text, can anyone explain what this means?

Hello Mr XXX XXX, BT here. Before we can activate your service we need some information from you. We have found there is already an existing line on your property where there is a stop order for 09/10/2018. We need to know if it is fine with you to wait till09/10/2018 for BT to place an order to takeover that line or you can speak to the service provider to remove the stop order from the line. You can reply to this message or else you can visit www.bt.com to place a new order. Thank you for choosing BT.

I replied to the text with Yes but had no reply.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: A text message from BT

It means the property you're moving into already has an active line and/or broadband, the previous occupier has asked their ISP to cease or move the services, working line takeovers break when trying to take over a line with a pending stop.

So you'll have to wait until it's ceased before the order can progress or if you can contact the previous occupier, ask them to leave the line active, they might not want to do that if they're also doing a home move order though, nothing can be done about that.

DanGr
Message 3 of 3

Re: A text message from BT

Thank you for your reply .
I am happy to wait until the 9th, no problem. If I leave it will my order just continue but services not start until after this date?
I have checked my track order and it's due to go live on the 10th which is fine.

Thanks again for your help.
0 Ratings