cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OneZeoN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

ANOTHER BALLS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok as usual for BT it seems here is another engineer no show!

Booked in for today and ive had LOADS of texts,emails saying "dont forget the appointment" "Not long now" BALLS!

Been sat in all day and engineer booked for 1-6 slot but as expected no one has turned up!

Total shambles! 

I called to enquire and could barely understand the woman taking the call! 

Ive been fobed off with "you will get a call back in next 24 hours" to arrange something "when we can" WTF!

I will be contacting the MODS as advised in the numerous threads complaining about the same disgusting customer service from BT

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: ANOTHER BALLS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a chill pill! It'll get sorted, and it'll be worth the wait...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
OneZeoN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

A chill pill?

Ok so i take a day off UNPAID and will have to do it again when i eventually get another appointment...IF they turn up that time.

So ill lose atleast 2 days wages and BT give me £10 credit

Another company would be ashamed but BT just get away with it

0 Ratings
dekpaul
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Good luck, I know how you feel. Our has been a total shambles too. Ordered 5 weeks ago, engineer no show, now 2 weeks down the line told today by BT that they have CANCELLED our order and have to reorder from the supplier. They then claim that by Friday we will be given another installation date.
If its anything like the 1st time, them i expect another 3 week wait.
0 Ratings
OneZeoN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

UPDATE.....I THINK!

This is so random....my wife called about an hour ago and was told some rubbish that the local fibre optic box wasn't complete and would take another 2-3 days before I'd know more!
I called back 5 mins ago ready to go mad yet the guy called open reach and was told they could book me in THIS THURSDAY 8-1pm!

Of course I took this appointment and recorded the guys name and made sure it confirmed this on my account.

It seems every time you call you get a different answer and outcome!
Ill report back on Thursday with what happens but I'm not exactly optimistic with how this is being handled so far!
0 Ratings
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

I read these horror stories and it makes me worried for my own install (scheduled for next Tuesday).
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

there are also posts on the forum of installs with no problems
0 Ratings
ach2
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 13

@SteveBB,

Some of these guys have obviously had some problems - and probably still are. However, it doesn't always go bad - people generally only post on forums when they have problems, not when things go well.

I had infinity installed a couple of weeks ago and I was really concerned too - partly because of previous problems with ADSL and also from reading some of the horror stories on this forum. I was particularly concerned with having a pm appointment in case the engineer 'ran out of time to get to me', but in the end everything became a copybook perfect install, from ordering to equipment to delivery to setting up the equipment. I was also quoted as 59/19 speed and ended up with a reasonably stable 72/15 +/- a meg.

Just remember that if you do have problems or questions then come back here instead of calling India.

0 Ratings
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Fingers crossed then, but I will worry until it's up and working, that's just my nature 😄

I'm hoping I will be able to post a glowing review for BT on Tuesday.

0 Ratings
OneZeoN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

@SteveBB

Even though I'm being messed around I'm sure many more are fine.
I'm hopeful that this 8-1 on Thursday will be ok

But as with any forums there are more complaint threads as happy customers don't go online to speak about it...angry ones do lol
Good luck to us both! 😄
0 Ratings