cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayjay
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

ANY NEWS ON DATE 300 GIG CAPP BEING REMOVED YET??????

I have phoned bt all week on different times asking same question to when this f.u.p is going for good been told 1st April but then other dont no, so no one is  100% sure Now i wonder if you go over this month is going to be a problem for April as  im close to 280 gig now. Is there any one on this forum that ha reached 300 gig already and been capped 2 Meg peak hours as I carnt see how this will happen for 30 days if is is going!!!!!!!!! in 9 days

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: ANY NEWS ON DATE 300 GIG CAPP BEING REMOVED YET??????

Usually what happens is when you reach the 300GB cap, your speed does not get restricted stright away, it gets restricted the following month for 30days. The cap is being removed next month, if you go over this month i doubt they will restrict you next month. If it is your first time over the limit, then im sure they will forgive you.

Someone can confirm?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

No confirmed start date Just during April
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi jayjay,

as john46 as stated there has been no official announcement as to when exactly the FUP restriction will be removed, but it will be some time in April. I've asked for more information on this so if I hear anything back we'll make sure to let everyone know.

@Eamdad - the FUP speed restriction kicks in the same day you exceed 300GB of usage in a single calendar month, and lasts for 30 days from that date. If you receive the automated email telling you that you've went over 300GB, you can basically count 30 days from this date to find out when the restriction will be lifted. 

Hope this helps :smileywink:

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings