cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: AWFUL TIME WITH BT!

@IainMcFarlane  Your issue is being addressed as evidenced by the text from Openreach. The install engineer has reported a blocked duct. Openreach will arrange for the block to be cleared then your install will proceed. BTRetail, your ISP is not privy to when this will happen, only Openreach.

You could try contacting Openreach via twitter. @WeAreOpenreach or @OpenreachHelp

@surfer9  See where you get with this form. https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband-availability-customer 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Thanks for the links, appreciated. The level of understanding I have as a customer is poor  the fact I have something telling me I may wait 12 weeks with no stated way of adressing is poor. I also have poor comunication, with messages being left saying I cancelled an appointment and as such may have to wait again 12 weeks mentioned. Combine this with it showing on the BT app that I need to rebook an engineer then he level of confusion gets raised again, along with the fear that this may just stand still (been told I should not rebook) if this does in fact become the trigger for someting to happen.

I could clear the blockage myself, but suspect this will have no influence on getting the job done, as I would have no way of communicating to say its been done. Also to say the ISP has no information I get , but is that acceptable? I dont think it is as if I were BT I would be demanding an answer for my cusomer. Its unfirtunate but not the end of the world!

I will try the twitter contacts and thank you for taking the time to post these for me.

thanks

Iain

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

@IainMcFarlane  I fully understand how frustrating it can be when you can't get the information to make you feel confidant.

Do keep us updated especially if you get an answer from one of the twitter teams. May I suggest you start your own thread when you have any news.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Irony of all Irony - the links worked got  response from Openreach!! wait for it.............Openreach.jpg

Will call BT tomorrow at some point and see if they can help . will keep you posted

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Here's the FTTP team number. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Many thanks for that, possibly save some holding time. Wont be a burden as much tomorrow, will have it on speaker phone while I make my Bordelaise sauce for my steak tomorrow night! help is very much appeciated ! fingers crossed I get somewhere this weekend.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Finnaly have a new Instalation date - thankfully not 12 weeks, but will be nearly 4 weeks after my initial given date ! Alls well that ends well , and thanks for the pointers ! they were all very usefull

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Happy to be of help.

0 Ratings