cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathan_hayes
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Acceptable? I think not

We have been enjoying fibre for almost the best part of a year now. However due to un-avoidable circumstances have to move house. We have now learned that the house we have bought has not got fibre optic although it is very close to our current home. Not only that but it is simply surrounded by streets that have fibre available.

I have taken the time to gather data from the BT fibre checker and mapped out this rather eye opening image. Take a look and tell me what you think. http://imgur.com/7ZNk4kG

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 19

Re: Acceptable? I think not

Should have moved to a green area?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
nathan_hayes
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

Not an option. That's all im going to say. But why leave a spot in the middle of green. Makes no sense.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

What has sense got to do with it, there could be many reasons not to have upgraded that area.

You should have used this checker to find the cabinet number of the line to the new house

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

then a simple email to  nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk  asking about the cabinet would have told you when and if the cabinet your new house is connected to will be upgraded.

0 Ratings
nathan_hayes
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

That the problem. I put in my current address it will state the exchange and cabinet number. However, the new house simply states the exchange.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

If there is a BT telephone already installed at the address put the number in or if possible ask one of your new neighbours if you could use their number.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

It could of course be that the reason the area is red is because they are on a direct connection to the exchange in which case you won't get a cabinet number or Infinity any time soon.

0 Ratings
nathan_hayes
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

We have purchased the house but aren't moving in until February. The current occupants are still there. I'll go tomorrow and explain our circumstances and im sure they'll be able to give us there number. Still cant get it why they would just leave a patch of houses out is beyond me. The house that the the garden backs onto has it available. C'mom. Some things are just ridiculous.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 19

@gg30340 wrote:

It could of course be that the reason the area is green is because they are on a direct connection to the exchange in which case you won't get a cabinet number or Infinity any time soon.

Red, surely?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

@ray_dorset wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

It could of course be that the reason the area is green is because they are on a direct connection to the exchange in which case you won't get a cabinet number or Infinity any time soon.

Red, surely?

Corrected.

0 Ratings