cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: Acceptable? I think not

Some places can get FTTC Services, some places can't. Openreach are under no obligation to provide even basic ADSL services to people, let alone FTTC/P.

If faster than ADSL BB is so important to you then move to somewhere that has it.
0 Ratings
nathan_hayes
Beginner
Message 12 of 19

Connected directly to exchange

So, I just found out that the house we are moving to is connected directly to the exchange that is right on the other side of town instead of been connected to the fibre enables cabinets that the immediate surrounding streets are. SO my question is. "Will BT decide to take us off our direct connection to the exchange and connect us to a cabinet"?

Is there any option where we can pay to have this done?

(We are no more than 300yrds away from one, maybe less)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

Re: Connected directly to exchange

BT will not move you from an exchange line to a cabinet even if you were willing to pay, which I believe would cost several thousand pounds. There is the possibility that you will eventually get a cabinet at the exchange but I think it is still in the trial phase so it will be sometime, probably years before that happens.

0 Ratings
nathan_hayes
Beginner
Message 14 of 19

Right so looks like it should be available after all. Spoke to someone at BT who went to her manager and got information back on the address and informed up that Fibre should be available within 6 months at the address. Very please. To say its 4 months until we actually move there.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

@nathan_hayes wrote:

Right so looks like it should be available after all. Spoke to someone at BT who went to her manager and got information back on the address and informed up that Fibre should be available within 6 months at the address. Very please. To say its 4 months until we actually move there.

If you believe that you will believe that the moon is made of cheese!

0 Ratings
nathan_hayes
Beginner
Message 16 of 19

And what makes you think that? Couldn't have come across someone as unhelpful as you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

Please tell me what has been un-helpful about my previous posts. 

Once a cabinet has been planned and permission to site it granted, it usually takes months to install it, then months to commission it. Please post back when you are connected to Infinity at your new address and if it is in 6 months time I will be pleasantly surprised.

0 Ratings
nathan_hayes
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

Yeah, i'll message you when it happens.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 19 of 19

Good luck. I hope gg30340 is wrong, but I'm afraid he's probably right.
0 Ratings