cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Acceptable Ping For BT Infinity 1

Go to solution

Hello again,

I've will have had BT Infinity for 3 weeks tomorrow so I'm way past the stabilisation period now. I was just wondering what an acceptable ping is for my BT Infinity package. I am around 800 m away from the cabinet and my line isn't the best quality.

Here's my recent speed test result:

I appreciate any answers.

Thanks,

William

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Acceptable Ping For BT Infinity 1

Go to solution
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Just had a look through on the first few pages, interesting. So, basically G.INP has been enabled on my cabinet resulting in a higher ping?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

do you have a HH5a or HH5b?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

HH5B.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

it's the HH5a that has the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

What problem? And I have a HH5B so that's still not answered the question.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

the G.INP you were reading about in the link

Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Ahh, sorry. I just did a tracert to bbc.co.uk and it seems like that I get a nice and low ping and then as soon as I hit BT, it shoots up so something is wrong at BT's end somewhere.

Tracert.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

that looks ok probably interleaved active due to drops/resets in conenction initially