Hello! This is probably a really silly question but near where I live the telegraph poles are very close to the path therefore the fftp wires come out onto the path too. I was walking the other day on my phone and not paying attention metal umbrella in one hand when it got all tangled within the black cable on the side of the box and also may have touched the fftp box itself. I was just wondering if this was dangerous at all like whether it could give you an electric shock? I didn’t feel anything at the time just more in a panic to become untangled, however o was just wondering whether it was possible to get shocked this way so I can be more careful in the future to look where I’m going!
i'd be more bothered about the dog wee all over the umbrella now than anything else, and no you cannot receive a shock, and perhaps watch where your going?
Oh dear. Difficult to comment without a photograph but cables should not be exposed to the extent an umbrella can get tangled up with them.
This https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety allows you to report such problems.
Hello there thank you for your reply, I haven’t managed to get a picture of the exact one but this is a similar one from near by , but this one doesn’t go into the path, the box at the bottom and the wires I think they are fibre cables are what I got tangled with. I think it should be okay along as the wires were all covered with the plastic casing and it would only be if there was parts of the cable without the casing ? Thank you for your time