cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Activation Day

So today is my activation date. I woke up to find Sky had disconnected me, so I plugged the smart hub in and it was on. 

However, at 8am, it disconnected and I lost all internet. My phone is still with Sky too. 

Is this normal? I thought if BT had connected me, it would stay on?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: Activation Day

it can take up to midnight to activate  just leave hub conencted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Yeah I know, but why would my Sky be disconnected this morning, BT work with the hub, and then the internet is lost an hour later? 

The phone is still on Sky.

Surely it's all done at the same time?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

No its not, the phone line has to be done first, as Sky have their own equipment which provides the PSTN path as well as the broadband.

Sky would turn off the broadband, but your phone would still be coming from Sky, until its changed over manually, in the exchange.

The next stage would be to move your phone line to BT. Once that is done, the task to move your phone line to the BT Exchange equipment and also insert the BT broadband equipment in the exchange will be issued.

I assume that its just normal ADSL broadband you are getting from BT?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 5 of 21

No I have fibre.

BT was definitely connected this morning as I connected to the hub and got the agreed speed. This was whilst my phone is still connected to Sky.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

@jaydog69 wrote:
No I have fibre.

BT was definitely connected this morning as I connected to the hub and got the agreed speed. This was whilst my phone is still connected to Sky.

I have moved this to the Infinity board, as it was not clear when you first posted.

Where you on ADSL with Sky, or Sky Fibre?

If you were on ADSL, then the phone number changeover will be done a bit later, somebody has done the work at the cabinet already.

0 Ratings
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 7 of 21

I was on fibre with sky and i am moving to fibre with BT.

Like I said, BT connected, and then went off an hour later. The whole time the phone stayed on Sky.
0 Ratings
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 8 of 21

It's like they switched it, then switched it back to Sky? Would that happen? Not tried the Sky hub again since.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

@jaydog69 wrote:
I was on fibre with sky and i am moving to fibre with BT.

Like I said, BT connected, and then went off an hour later. The whole time the phone stayed on Sky.

Then there was nothing to be done at the cabinet, its just a configuration change.

There is work to be done in the exchange to remove the Sky equipment connection, and transfer it to the BT equipment, that will be done when someone visits the exchange. I assume you are getting a new phone number?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

@jaydog69 wrote:

It's like they switched it, then switched it back to Sky? Would that happen? Not tried the Sky hub again since.

Not likely, its just the phone number that has not been changed yet, as that comes from the exchange, not the cabinet.

0 Ratings