cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,473 Views
Message 11 of 21

Re: Activation Day

@jaydog69

This link will tell you whether you are connected to BT Broadband or not BT Broadband check

0 Ratings
Reply
jaydog69
Contributor
1,465 Views
Message 12 of 21

Re: Activation Day

Not a new number no.

 

Basically, 01/12/2017 my sky fibre and phone was activated and swapped from BT. I was unhappy with it as it was slow, so at the end of Dec, I signed back up to BT. Today is activation.

 

I was definitly connected to BT Infinity at 7.30am this morning as I connected to the hub and had the solid 52mb speeds. Then the internet went off about 8am. I checked the phone and that was on Sky (tested via 1571).

0 Ratings
Reply
Zombie
Expert
1,454 Views
Message 13 of 21

Re: Activation Day

Easier to test dial 150, if your phone line is with sky you get sky's customer services announcement or if bt have the line you get bt's customer services announcement. 

 

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,448 Views
Message 14 of 21

Re: Activation Day


@jaydog69 wrote:

Not a new number no.

 

Basically, 01/12/2017 my sky fibre and phone was activated and swapped from BT. I was unhappy with it as it was slow, so at the end of Dec, I signed back up to BT. Today is activation.

 

 


In that case the number originally belonged to BT, so it should be changed back overnight as that is when the robotic OMC updates are done.

You may find that you get a temporary phone number sometime today, when the Sky equipment in the exchange is disconnected. That will be renumbered overnight, assuming the number porting is successful.

 

 

 

 

jaydog69
Contributor
1,427 Views
Message 15 of 21

Re: Activation Day

I haven't heard anything yet. Presume I'll get an email when it's all ready.

What puzzles me is why BT broadband was active this morning, then it disconnected and I have no internet?
0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,425 Views
Message 16 of 21

Re: Activation Day


@jaydog69 wrote:
I haven't heard anything yet. Presume I'll get an email when it's all ready.

What puzzles me is why BT broadband was active this morning, then it disconnected and I have no internet?

There may be a configuration change pending, you will have to wait until midnight or tomorrow, to find out.

0 Ratings
Reply
jaydog69
Contributor
1,416 Views
Message 17 of 21

Re: Activation Day

I am still at work, but now when I call my landline it just rings and rings, no Sky 1571 answerphone message or BT one. Been like this for 2 hours so I'm expecting something isn't right?...
0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,415 Views
Message 18 of 21

Re: Activation Day


@jaydog69 wrote:
I am still at work, but now when I call my landline it just rings and rings, no Sky 1571 answerphone message or BT one. Been like this for 2 hours so I'm expecting something isn't right?...

Its just ringing to a disconnected line, probably giving an Openreach Field Technician an electric shock Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Reply
Highlighted
jaydog69
Contributor
1,406 Views
Message 19 of 21

Re: Activation Day

Does it take 2 hours though? It says online it takes like 10 minutes and that's how long you don't have a connection for.
0 Ratings
Reply
jaydog69
Contributor
1,379 Views
Message 20 of 21

Re: Activation Day

All connected. Turns out 1571 is now chargeable. Wasn't when I was previously with them.
0 Ratings
Reply