cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Activation day

Hi community, I've been with BT for many years, I've got fiber broadband, i moved home and was giving today as my activation day anytime up to 23 30pm tonight, I'm only asking because i got a text message and email saying that it is now up and running and they will be turning off my temporary 4g mini hub in the next few days, however the router is flashing pink then flashing orange, maybe I'm just being impatient but it's just the fact i was told it was all up and running 4 hours ago wile i was at work, any help with this would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Activation day

Are you using the master socket or better still the test socket just in case there is a problem with wiring in your new home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Its plugged into the master socket, i new the people who lived here before and they had fiber running fine, they also told me its all set to go so didn't need engineer or out, im thinking email and text was just sent automatically on the day of activation and not when it acually is activated.
One more question
Do i leave it on and wait for it to go blue or am i best turning it off and trying again in a few hours? Or doesn't it really matter? Thanks for the reply
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@Bpoolfcwrote:

Hi community, I've been with BT for many years, I've got fiber broadband, i moved home and was giving today as my activation day anytime up to 23 30pm tonight, I'm only asking because i got a text message and email saying that it is now up and running and they will be turning off my temporary 4g mini hub in the next few days, however the router is flashing pink then flashing orange, maybe I'm just being impatient but it's just the fact i was told it was all up and running 4 hours ago wile i was at work, any help with this would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Leave it on for now. Check your phone line to make sure you have a dial tone and that it is your number that is repeated back when you ring 17070.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Update

Its now the day after my activation date and still nothing, i don't own a house phone so i can't check if the landline is working, looks like I'm going to have to give them a call

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Without a phone, you cannot prove whether the fault is within your property, so you may be charged £85 for the visit, if it is.

A basic wired phone costs less that £10, and would prove whether you are getting dial tone at the test socket. Without a working phone line, you will not get broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

okay, thank you ill get one and try it 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Update

So i bought a phone and everything is working fine so the line is not the problem, i phoned them and they did checks and can't see a problem at their end so they are sending a engineer on Wednesday, that is faster than i was expecting, figures crossed it's all working Wednesday.

Thank you all for your help 👍

0 Ratings