Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 25

Re: Additonal Line Stability?

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

@licquorice wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

Haven't heard that one before, must be their latest way to fob you off!

I suppose its vaguely possible that they may have been referring to setting the target SNRM to 9dB or 12dB rather than 6dB, but I don't know if that is available on Infinity although I think it might be available for ADSL.

Never heard of CS doing that or saying they will change it.

Nor me, hence the vaguely possible. However, I suspect you are probably right about it being their latest wheeze.

0 Ratings
wsjack3
Beginner
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution
What use is it though when I just ring up fuming after Friday if there is no improvement?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

You need to post the information requested by @gg30340  And if forum members cannot help then probably the forum mods will. I would avoid the high BP by not phoning customers services at present

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @wsjack3,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you have. If you don't notice any improvement please come back and let us know. We can check to see if they did place an order to put you onto a "super stable" service or not.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

@DanielS wrote:

Hi @wsjack3,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you have. If you don't notice any improvement please come back and let us know. We can check to see if they did place an order to put you onto a "super stable" service or not.

Thanks

DanielS

Going by the fact you have replied this would infer that there is such a thing as a "Super Stable" service.

Can you explain what this is and what is done to achieve it?

0 Ratings
GW65
Contributor
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

It changes the MTBE and MTBR levels at which DLM intervenes or relents.   Using BT Wholesale parlance, the default is Standard, with Stable and Super Stable as options that can be applied to make the line more "stable".  What it actually does is cause DLM to intervene sooner (i.e. with fewer disconnects per day and/or fewer Errored Seconds per day) and either apply high interleaving or band the sync speed.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks for that reply. So would it be fair to say in other words they are going to cap the line instead of sorting it.

0 Ratings
GW65
Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

Yes, effectively.  The thing is, even the Standard profile does that - it just sets the thresholds higher before it starts to do it.  If the OPs line is constantly disconnecting then I would have expected DLM to have banded the line already which should improve stability, so it'll be interesting to see if switching to Super Stable makes a difference.

0 Ratings
wsjack3
Beginner
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution
Hi guys, I've been away so not had chance to check it all.

Family that I live with all saying that the broadband still drops out so the super stable thing hasn't worked.

I did a line test and there was no noise at all.
0 Ratings
wsjack3
Beginner
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

20180531_115614.png

0 Ratings