Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tonyburton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Address Records

After a lengthy wild goosechase, we are still trying to resolve an issue getting fibre broadband.  Both neighbours have it so we know it's available in the area.  The latest we have been told is that the address records don't match between KOFAX and Royal Mail.  The name of the house and village have been inverted.  Does anybody know who we should contact to get this corrected?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Address Records

I have never heard of KOFAX, however, only your current Service Provider can help with any records held by Openreach, who look after the network.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Saruman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

You’ll likely need to contact BT to raise this to the ORDI(OpenReach Data Integrity) robot to correct the address records of your line which typically takes 3-5 days.

It may also be worth filling out this formwize https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d to query this directly with the fibre availability enquiries team at Openreach. I believe they’d get back to you within 30 days. BT should be able to fill out a similar form to go to the same team and the lead time for a response is generally a lot shorter(7 working days).
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

I've asked a mod to drop in.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @tonyburton

Thanks for posting back!

My colleague @JohnC2 checked this out for you and posted on your other thread here

Once the address was updated to show the correct address, records show that your line is an Exchange Only (EO) line and unfortunately FTTC isn't available on these lines.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
tonyburton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Our last post was because of the incorrect POST CODE. We've posted again because the address is still incorrect with the first line being the village name and the second line of the address being the house name. It is a nightmare. Can you help with correcting the Open Reach database, please.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @tonyburton

Send us over your details and we'll double check this.  Please include the correct address as it appears with Royal Mail.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @tonyburton,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your home number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today.

I've checked your address details and as far as I can tell they are correct and match the address details you included in your email. I've sent off a request to Openreach once again to get them to double check their details.

With regards to KOFAX I'm not sure what this is?

I'll get back in touch as soon as Openreach get back to me.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

@PaddyB KOFAX is a business solution and is a typical example of "A little knowledge is dangerous".

"Automate manual data entry and complement your existing business process automation platform with robotic process automation, an intelligent digital workforce that eliminates data entry errors, delivers 100 percent data accuracy and slashes processing times—at a fraction of the cost of a human workforce. Not only will you immediately benefit from a swift implementation and lightning-fast ROI, but you’ll free employees from data entry to deliver a better customer experience."

0 Ratings