Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattricks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 30

Re: Address fustrations

Go to solution

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 30

Go to solution

you need your address correct on royal database and the same address registered on the openreach database.  The checker is based on openreach database and until that shows FTTP available you are going to have problems with all ISP apart from virgin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mattricks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

Brilliant! just Brilliant....., The whole thing has been one big frustrating mess....no one has mentioned Royal mail until today...I've been trying for weeks, just a complete joke, now ill start talking to Royal mail. I just hope they are faster than bt at sorting this.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

It's not BT Retail as you say your address is correct on their records and you need that to tie in with royal mail and also openreach.  if you can get royal mail correct same as BT Retail then you can ask BT to raise and ORDI request with openreach to get their database corrected

once all done that should help you with your order - all starts with royal mail

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mattricks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks for the information. I can't believe I'm just finding out about this Royal mail problem today.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

To check if address is registered with Royal Mail just go HERE.

0 Ratings
mattricks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

Well, That's 20 minutes on hold with Royal mail. not a good start. Cant believe this....never had something be so frustrating. I'm ******* done, this has all been a complete waste of time! what the hell will it take to sort this out. Outrageous!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

as soon as you get the royal mail database to be identical to the BT Retail address then post back and mods will be able to place ORDI request with openreach

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

@mattricks wrote:

Well, That's 20 minutes on hold with Royal mail. not a good start. Cant believe this....never had something be so frustrating. I'm ******* done, this has all been a complete waste of time! what the hell will it take to sort this out. Outrageous!

Did you check the Royal Mail site before phoning?

0 Ratings
mattricks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

Yes I did. It did not have my address on their postcode checker.

I have completed the online form but their is no indication to how long it might take.

I have tried to email them but it seems impossible to find any email address that is not blocked.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get hold of them I would appreciate it as I work in the day and get home at 6....when royal mail phone lines close.

0 Ratings