Re: Address fustrations

Go to solution
0 Ratings
mattricks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

Done, Thanks for that, I suppose there is just MORE waiting to do with my substandard internet.

0 Ratings
mattricks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

A week later.....Still not sorted. My address is on Royal mail's system but apparently that was NOT the issue so thanks BT for the run around wasting my time and money.......I have been promised a call back on Friday. I will be surprised if it actually happens unfortunately I have been left disappointed over and over again by BT. To top it off my next door neighbour is having their Fibre connected at 1pm today. Frustrated does not even come close!

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

Who told you that not being on Royal Mail database not an issue? Openreach use the Royal Mail database for address registration, without being on it any ORDI would fail.

0 Ratings
mattricks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

I was told by a customer service advisor....I don't understand the technical stuff but it seems stupid as they have had no problem at all taking my money for the last ten years for substandard broadband!.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

Now that your address is in the Royal Mail database you need customer services to raise an ORDI (OpenReach Database Integrity check) with Openreach. This take approx 10 days to process and then the Openreach database should show FTTP available to you.

0 Ratings
mattricks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

Seems like there is an issue where half the properties in my postcode can order fibre and half cannot. Open reach have been in touch and are apparently sorting that issue within "a few days" .

0 Ratings
mattricks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

I have had a call from BT today and they are coming to install fibre next Thursday. I will let you know what happens.

0 Ratings
mattricks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

They installed it...

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 30 of 30