Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rigs101
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Advice

Hi All,

I have posted here before about obtaining bT Infinity and over the past 2 years been waiting patiently seeing my fibre cabinet next to my phone cabinet pretty much all this time.
The tracker keeps on saying dates and when that date arrives, they change the date over and over, last June it actually said coming in June, I thought this was a good sign but again they changed the date and as each month goes they alter the tracker by a month.

I wrote to my local MP to ask for some help and she asked BT Openreach and they gave her the answer that they are awaiting permission to have power to the cabinet and there were complaints of the placement of the fibre cabinet as they placed it on someone's land without permission.

It is really annoying seeing the two cabinets 20 paces apart and nobody where I live being able to get Fibre speeds, we are all at 2.5mbps roughly.

All I want is to get fibre speeds as 2.5 is just about enough to watch low resolution streams  and game with super high ping. If there was a light at the end of the tunnel I would be ok but that light keeps on getting further away the closer I get.

Is there anyone to contact in BT Openreach that would help? Because when I contact BT they wil not answer on this issue and say check the checker, well that is not really helping and when sending an email to BT Openreach, they do not even reply.

I find it very disappointing that my MP can get information from them that I can not yet I am the paying customer. The only reason I chose Bt was to get fibre and after 2 years of the moving goal posts, I should have gone with Talktalk all along and saved myself £16 per month.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Advice

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

openreach will email you back but may take a week or so and give you information on your line and if infinity will be available and estimated date

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

you are not an openreach customer but a BT retail customer who is your ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rigs101
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

I am a BT customer and yes I can quite easily navigate to the contact tab and send an email but as you would know, they send an autonated reply fobbing you off as I just had in my inbox.

I have sent emails like this previously and only get an automated reply.

I find it very poor that the tracker changes date each month and no mor einfo further from Bt and Openreachsay to ask BT.
I am a paying customer who wants a good service and again only choose BT hoping for Fibre but I could have saved around £320 in the past two years on standing charges alone if I went to Talktalk.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

send an email to this email address nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk they will be able to give you the most up to date information on your cabinets activation
0 Ratings
Highlighted
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

If it's any consolation (or encouragement) the same happened in my area - a cabinet was installed on a footpath instead of the verge next to it and the Parish Council objected - but in this case Openreach came along a few months later and shifted it to the proper place.  Why they haven't done this to the cabinet you are talking about is anyone's guess !

0 Ratings
rigs101
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

As I said, I have sent an email to Openreach with an automated reply same as I have done in the past with no actual person looking at my mail.

Please don't direct me to the checker or the email address as it is juts boosting your post count and not actually helping me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

That email address is answered personally it normally takes up to 2 weeks for a reply there are many posts on here confirming that fact and it is the only way of getting up to date information on any particular cabinet
FTTC is only under Openreach's control BT Retail like all other ISP's get there information directly from Openreach

when you sent the email did you include your phone number cabinet number and postcode ? as they need that information to help you
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 9 of 14

Hi rigs101,

The Openreach Superfast Fibre Broadband Scheme is being rolled out, done and managed by Openreach for ALL ISPs/CPs so BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP whom operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get fibre broadband (FTTC or FTTP or equivalent) as that is up-to Openreach.

I'm afraid BT Retail gets the same information as other ISPs/CP about the Openreach fibre rollout. BT Retail does not get any additional information or priority over ISPs.

Under your postcode there is a message about PCP1 regarding installing and commissioning the a FTTC dslam cabinet connected to pcp1.

The messages states:

"This marker shows cabinet: P1
Which is linked to exchange: KENFIG HILL
Please note: This is the intended area for the cabinet that will provide fibre broadband services to your postcode. We're sorry but it’s taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service. Please bear with us.

We're sorry that the work we are doing to bring fibre broadband to your area is taking longer than first planned. This can be for many reasons that include blocked underground cable routes, issues with providing electrical power to the cabinet and issues with the cabinet’s location. Please bear with us while we work to resolve this which may take some time. We will continue to work on this and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. 

If you would like any more information feel free to contact us at nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk "

You will need to email the Commercial rollout scheme (NGA Openreach) nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk with your landline number, address to see if they have any more information regarding upgrading your cabinet. It may take a week or so to get a reply.

If your pcp falls out of the Commercial Openreach Fibre rollout scheme, then you could also try emailing the Superfast-Cymru BDUK scheme via info@superfast-cymru.com with your landline number, address to see if they have any plans or information regarding upgrading your cabinet. It may take a week or so to get a reply.

Cheers

**The Commercial Fibre-Optic Broadband Rollout is being managed and done by Openreach for all communication providers/ISPs. The BDUK fibre broadband schemes are managed by Openreach along with your local authority.BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP) has nothing to do with the rollout of fibre broadband.**

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
rigs101
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Thanks for the replies but as said, I have emailed them on several ocassions with no reply.

The fibre cabinet has been in place and cabled up for at least 6 months and is about 20 paces from my phone cabinet.

The issue my MP told me about was that they were not given permission to power up the cabinet because they placed it on lanfd they wer enot given permission to. Emailing that address does nothing as they don't wish to reply to me for some reason.

I was asking if there is another route for info and no I do not need to know what the openreach or BT sites say as I am able to read without problem. Just came on here to ask for advice on another route to getting info.

Also in my opinion, waiting 2 weeks for a reply is a very poor response and could easily be addressed if they wanted to.

0 Ratings