cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steelee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Hi,

after having issues upgrading to infinity 2 which took over 6 weeks and many many calls to BT help line the guys on here got things sorted for me in a couple of days, all was very well......stable 72mb down and 19mb up until a couple of days ago, connection started dropping over night then phone line went dead, Internet dropped to 11mb down and 1 mb up......this has now settled at 38mb down and 8mb up but phone line is still dead, have logged a fault but as usual no idea of what the issue is have got a fix date for Thursday but want to know if b/b is likely to return to the previous speed or will I need to get the profile reset?

thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Advice

Go to solution
Most likely but you'll need to wait for the line to be fixed first, once it is, you will then need to wait for the line management software to be happy that your line is stable before it will "release" the extra speed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
steelee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings
steelee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, all fixed, and even faster now  74mb down - 24mb up!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

24 Mbps up? 😮

0 Ratings
steelee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I know but 3 different speed test sites including bt........varies between 19 and 24 and uploading to YouTube takes seconds....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Infinity 2 product is 80/20mb

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results. Must be done with wired conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
steelee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Ok will do it in the morning as using an iPad now, it is very strange and I know not possible but even the Ping is around 7/8ms which is much lower than before!!!

0 Ratings