Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 28

Re: After years I got Fibre then....

@sophos9 wrote:

Just been reading up on this. Whats interesting is that since making the initial call - quiet line test is perfectly silent. Over the next few days I'll keep an eye on this and keep testing it. Is it worth making calls both to and from the landline?

A free call to 17070 helps, the ringback test will help to keep the line terminations clear of any oxidisation.

0 Ratings
sophos9
Contributor
Message 22 of 28

Home from work, no calls all day quiet line test and no noise at all. Connection has not dropped either. See how it goes.

Outside of this, who would I need to contact to get a quote for FTTP?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 28

@sophos9 wrote:

Outside of this, who would I need to contact to get a quote for FTTP?

An understanding bank manager for a start if you are talking about FTTP on demand.

0 Ratings
sophos9
Contributor
Message 24 of 28

Cost per se is not the issue, not having access to fast connection costs me a lot more than install and connection cost per annum

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 28

install costs of FTTPoD are in the thousands and monthly costs are around £100 on a 3 year contract also it is not offered by BT only1 provider does offer the service
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 28

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 28

@licquorice wrote:

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=LNo28YEt6b0ml...

That is the wholesale cost. Once the ISP, and not all ISPs offer it,  adds their costs/profit it costs much more than the prices quoted.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 28

Monthly costs are £300+ vat.

Expect around £17k total cost for the first three years, including installation.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’