cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 14

All BT packages offer the same download speed

I currently have the fibre 1 package and I get supposed to be getting around 12Mb - 22Mb download speed. I wanted to upgrade this to a higher amount as it's not high enough for me, a speed test showed I am getting 11Mb.

I looked online and the all packages BT are offering me (fibre 1 halo, fibre 2) have the exact same download speed of 12-22Mb. I can't see any other packages that will give me a higher download speed. Is this because that is the highest speed I can possibly get at this address? If that is the case how can I get it increased?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: All BT packages offer the same download speed

@burd1s 

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

from what you have posted it would appear that due to your distance from your street cabinet you are getting as fast as your line can handle hence why all packages quote same speed   results from @Keith_Beddoe  link will show possibilities

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 14

Here is the result from entering my phone number in. @Keith_Beddoe 
Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

12 - 22 is all you are going to get whatever package you are on, distance is limiting your speed not package. Can you post your router stats, you should be getting better than the 13 observed on the checker screenshot. Have you tried connecting directly to the test socket behind the removable faceplate of the master socket to see if that gives any improvement?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 14

@licquorice  plugging directly into the test socket yields the same results at 11Mb download.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Can you post the hub stats please.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

@burd1s 

If you have any other extension sockets that are not wired to the right place, then they will affect your speed.

They should not have dial tone on them when you are using the test socket.

I assume there is no noise on your phone line?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 14

Capture2.PNG

Apologies if these aren't the right stats. I'm not 100% sure where to find them @licquorice 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 14

I need to plug in a phone and find out as I currently don't have one. Will update later when acquired whether there is noise. @Keith_Beddoe 

0 Ratings