cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: All I wanted was to change the account holder over, Now I've been without internet for a week

This may help.

http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/slamming_what_to_do

BT have to allow 10 day on all orders, if there is any change to the circumstances.

• here are a number of safeguards built into the switching process for telephone and broadband services, which have been designed to ensure that you are protected from being “slammed”:
  • You will receive a letter from your old phone company, and also one from the new company informing you that you are switching provider and the date that the switch is due to take place.
  • If you don’t want to move to a new phone company, you should contact the provider who has taken over your service and tell them you did not agree to the transfer. If you do this within 10 days they will be able to put a stop to the transfer and you can carry on as before. If you do this within 10 days they will be able to put a stop to the switch and you can carry on as before. This should be possible up until 24 hours before the transfer is due to complete but it is best to do this at least 48 hours before the scheduled transfer date.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 13

Re: All I wanted was to change the account holder over, Now I've been without internet for a week

@thedwarfer19 wrote:

Infinity

Then you would have lost your allocation within the cabinet, as it would have been given to the next person on the waiting list.

You could be in for a very long wait, if the cabinet is at full capacity, as customers of other ISPs could be before you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Huwflet
Contributor
Message 13 of 13

I know this doesn't help your current situation at all but I have done exactly what you have asked twice without any issues or loss of service.

Not for 2.5 years so things may have changed since then but it should be possible. Your keeping the same phone number I guess?
0 Ratings