cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajmoore1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: All my neighbors can get bt infinity except me!

Hi john

It was a new line in 2007. It is a barn conversion and my neigbour lives in the original farm house about 5m away. They say i have got faster broadband but my distance from the exchange limits me to them speeds even though my neighbour is 5m away and can get a lot faster.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 12 of 25

Are you using the phone checker or address checker?

Is your phone line with BT?

0 Ratings
ajmoore1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 25

i have used the phone checker on my property and the address checker on my neighbours and my line is with BT.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 14 of 25

It is possible it's a database error. Do you have an ISP at present?

0 Ratings
ajmoore1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 25

My current isp provider is Bt. The lady I spoke to seemed adamant that was all I could get. I mentioned the data base could be out of date and she told me it is updated every 24hrs!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 16 of 25

@john46 wrote:
you have infinity on your checker entry Infinity is VDSL also the only accurate check is using the phone check

Is this a new line you have ???

It's only Infinity if it's above 15Mb download otherwise it is sold as a different product.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 17 of 25

@ajmoore1 wrote:

My current isp provider is Bt. The lady I spoke to seemed adamant that was all I could get. I mentioned the data base could be out of date and she told me it is updated every 24hrs!

Which hub do you have?

0 Ratings
ajmoore1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 25

I have just done a check with using my neighbours phone number and it shows that he is connected to cabinet 30 and I am on cabinet 10. I presume cabinet 30 is the new cabinet that was installed  6 months ago. I know my line goes up the same pole as his supply. Is it possible that it has been an open reach oversite and I haven't been connected to the new cabinet? I would appreciate if I could speak to an open reach engineer so they can explain? I know a few months ago all my neighbours speeds were the same as mine but for some reason since the new cabinet has been installed there's has all jumped but mine has not.

0 Ratings
ajmoore1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 25

@pippincp wrote:

@ajmoore1 wrote:

Which hub do you have?

Home hub 5 type a

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 20 of 25

Can you post the connection stats from troubleshooting/helpdesk.

0 Ratings