cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Midniter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Also poor/shocking service

I was a sky broadband customer back in April. I rather stupidly now signed up to the BT infinity offer on. I was given a completion date in the first week of May.

However BT then proceeded to cancel the order without informing me why or what was happening. Following a conversation they placed a new order.

BT in the interim had contacted sky per my original order and advised they would be taking over my internet, however they did not inform them of the delay and sky disconnected my broadband as requested by BT leaving me with no broadband.

I contacted BT who admitted everything was their error and they would follow up on the infinity order and provide me with cooper broad band. I was told on Tuesday of the week it would be active by Friday. On wed I receive a call stating sky still hold a tag on the line and therefore couldn’t provide me with copper broadband at present. I contacted sky they confirmed my broadband was cancelled and their should be no tag on the line they had completed all actions as requested by BT.

I contact BT. the advisor was apologetic and agreed to monitor the account and have a colleague call me back the following day. They also confirmed my infinity order had been cancelled for a 2nd time without explanation. They apologised and placed a new order.

I received no call back as promised, my infinity order has now been delayed a month and I have no broadband. It’s appaling service. I work in complaints for a major bank and if we provided this type of service we would attempt to compensate the customer and resolve the issue promptly. Maybe even give a explanation as to why my order keeps getting cancelled and I don’t get informed.

Can anyone suggest any help.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Also poor/shocking service

Hi @Midniter

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you've had transferring your services to us.  I appreciate the amount of your time you've spent trying to get this sorted out.

This isn't something the community would be able to help with so you can send us over your details and we'll check what's causing the hold up.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Also poor/shocking service

Hi @Midniter

Thanks for taking the time to send us over your details.

I have picked up your case and tried calling you back this morning.  I can see that you've moved over and you're trying to get FTTP connected.  I didn't realise that you had placed an order for Fibre to the premises (FTTP) when I offered you help a few days ago.

Our knowledge with FTTP is extremely limited from here to be honest.  I have contacted a colleague who deals with this on your behalf outlining the problems and explaining the numerous delays you have experienced.  I've asked them to pick this up as a matter of urgency so you can expect to be contacted at te start of next week.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings